Acorn Wish list

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

AtomicAsian
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Acorn Wish list

Post by AtomicAsian »

I wish i could fast forward to a spot during a job when acorn stops for no reason. I have no idea why it stopped in the middle of the job. Tried to use the restart function and no go. I tried so many times that it just went to the beginning of the job. so now i’m in dry run waiting and wasting time getting to my start again spot
Attachments
1BAB9EDF-EC45-4DBF-BE1F-E61CE6AB0123.jpeg
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Re: Acorn Wish list

Post by ShawnM »

For the record, it didn't stop for "no reason". There are many reasons for it to stop and it'll tell you why it stopped. Second, you can start a job from anywhere by locating the start point in the graph image, give it a line number, etc. There are some really cool features in CNC12 plasma. When it goes into restart mode you can rewind or fast forward to any spot in the cut file then press "cycle start". Keep in mind that the feedrate goes down to a crawl so you have to hold the button down and the torch will start moving forward or backward along the cut path.

Please tell us the procedure you are doing or better yet make a video of what you are doing. Trust me, the machine just doesn't stop for no reason. What message did you get in the message window?

So now the machine is cutting?

Also, please post a current report when this happens so we can see what happened. This way we are not just guessing.
Joey
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Re: Acorn Wish list

Post by Joey »

The interruption could of been due to a number of reasons. I have noticed compared to the 45 XP the 85xp does not like to run the torch over an open area. The 45xp will keep the torch "lit" while the 85 XP may shut the torch off if it senses a big voltage spike from lack of material under the torch. I have seen this confuse some users as they don't see a collision take place and think that Acorn Plasma turned the torch off. When in reality the 85xp shut the torch off causing Acorn Plasma to see a "flame out" and pausing the job for a restart. Like Shawn said you can start mid job by using the Run, search feature. Run search will remember the line of gcode you stopped on. As far as restart mode starting from the beginning of the job, this sounds like the job was started again outside of restart mode. Restart mode will remember the interruption point from the last job run. If a job would get interrupted and the user pressed cycle start outside of restart mode. This would rerun the job as a new job. Restart mode will "forget" the previous jobs interruption point because a new job has been started. Can you post your Gcode job file?