Configuration wizard Torch Touch Off Grayed out

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

markabowdish
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Configuration wizard Torch Touch Off Grayed out

Post by markabowdish »

Hello,

I am currently working on setting up my CNC plasma table with a Hypertherm 45xp. I am using an existing acorn board and a custom 4x4 CNC table that has been previously working and operating with CNC12 mill pro. I am Currently converting the table to Acorn plasma

I have bench tested the THC kit and installed and wired the plasma cutter with the CPC cable.

Installed the conductive wire to the torch tip

When opening the wizard to select the torch touch off method as conductive. The slider button that says "is torch being used in conjunction with a float switch" Is grayed out and set to YES and will not allow me to set it to NO.

Im just trying to fire the torch for testing purposes, Do I need a paid version of CNC12 plasma?

Do you have to have an Estop circuit wired in to fire torch?

Thanks!
Joey
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Configuration wizard Torch Touch Off Grayed out

Post by Joey »

Hello Mark

The torch float in conjunction with torch touch question is grey because it is not an option without a float switch set in the wizard. No need to worry, it is set to no when the answer is grey. I can see that being confusing. I think the next update we will have it default to "NO" and greyed out.

All the features of Acorn Plasma are accessable in the free version. Just features such as Intercon are limited to the number of lines that can be created. I think the wmpg is the only option not available in free.

I've never tried to do anything in Acorn software without an estop.
I think it's a safety issue and not recommended.

When your in cnc12 you can open the PLC Diagnostic menu by selecting "alt I" on your keyboard. The PLC Diagnostic menu allows for an input/output to be manually set. For example if there is a limit switch thats tripped. You can manually override the input in the PLC Diagnostic menu.
If an Estop was set as Normally Open how would the software know that an estop is not connected? It is not recommended to ever set an Estop as Normally Open. As that is a safety hazard since the wires to the estop could be sheared off and the software wouldn't skip a beat since the now disconnected estop is still and open circuit.

Glad to hear you completed the bench test. Sounds like your actually reading the manual!!! 😎

Hopefully I didn't go down a rabbit hole with that Estop question.
Joey