Z zero not setting

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

firechief
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Z zero not setting

Post by firechief »

I have tried to get this working but to no luck. I have went through the setup manual a lot. when I set the wizard up with a floating head switch it needs some numbers. 1 if it hits the steel before or after the switch (Before). The distant after it hits (.130 after).. I have a .150 start height and a .060 run height. When i hit cycle start it will go down hit the steel then the float switch and back up to the top of the steel start to move and nock the tip off the safety and stop.

I have to put in both number together .130 and .150 around .250 or more, in were it call for the distant after it hit the steel to the float switch to make it go up to a starting point.

Not sure this make any sense but I tried. I have attached a report as well. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Tim
Attachments
report_0035FF8E6898-1008203806_2022-08-11_16-38-50.zip
(9.99 MiB) Downloaded 17 times
Joey
CNC12: Yes

Re: Z zero not setting

Post by Joey »

Hello, Joey here. I'm Still checking out your report yet. Could you take a video of the sequence of events? The torch dragging on the metal when is starts to move sounds like the zero was set to low and the torch was still touching the material after it retracted to the Pierce height. We could also have a TeamViewer session to knock this out quickly. Usually a TeamViewer session is easier to understand what's exactly going on.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Hi Tim. Looks like the Acorn Software is a older version. Can you take screenshots of the wizard setting and update to the latest Acorn Software version V4.8. Do not use restore report. Once your Software is up to date and the Wizard settings are plugged back in we can straighten out your Touch off cycle. Ill help you configure and show how to tweak your touch of cycle to best fit your Floating head and get the most accuracy out of the touch off cycle.
firechief

Post by firechief »

Thanks for the reply... I will get the newer version and let you know with some updates
Tim
Joey

Post by Joey »