Mouse freeze

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

repauli1
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Mouse freeze

Post by repauli1 »

New panel build, have not set up configurations, hence no report.. When I start the touchscreen pc(from centroid), the mouse moves, when I apply power to board it freezes..
Tried different grounds etc. No luck, any ideas? UPDATE Keyboard funcky also, installed wireless mouse it works fine
repauli1

Re: Mouse freeze

Post by repauli1 »

Update, I spent at least 3hrs trouble shooting this usb mouse and USB keyboard issue. With only the Acorn plugged into cat5 and 24vdc, it does this every time power the board, mouse freezes. Tried it on 2 Acorn boards (both new).
Ended up using wireless USB mouse and keyboard to solve issue.
Joey
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No

Post by Joey »

Hey Bob, That's an odd issue. Haven't seen that before. It's especially odd since your still using the USB ports for the keyboards and mouse. Was there anything hooked up to the Acorns other than the power supply and the Ethernet connection? Could there be a voltage issue that prevented the wired keyboard and mouse from have enough power from the USB port? A wireless keyboard and mouse would have it's on battery supply correct? Very interested in what the issue is. Did this take place during a bench test or is everything hooked up in the cabinet?
repauli1

Post by repauli1 »

It occurred during bench test, tried two Acorns, and two power supplies. I am wondering if it's an issue with the PC being connected via sheilded Cat5. BTW, tried different sheilded cat5 also.