Plasma Intercon now available for use

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Plasma Intercon now available for use

Post by ShawnM »

I was thinking they were similar. I draw in AutoCAD and import the dwg or dxf to Vcarve for tool pathing and use my custom PP for the plasma. It of course lacks “plasma specific” features that are found in Sheetcam but so far I haven't come across anything I couldn’t tool path or cut on the plasma using Vcarve. I just didn’t want to learn more software and I use Vcarve for all my router work already.

Everyone needs a drain cover. :mrgreen: They are just so boring to cut. Cut speeds on holes this small, I’ve been using 63% feed rate of the Hypertherm book speeds, produces good, clean holes. I then speed up the torch touch off rate 40% to make up the difference to save a little time.

I’ll have a look at Intercon tomorrow or Monday and see how something like this would program. I see your lead in and out so it’s cool that Intercon does this. I do a lead in but not a lead out as the part drops out and there would be nothing to cut. The torch would just dive into the hole when there’s nothing to cut. I do a very small .01” overcut to smooth out the circle.

I have partnered with a friend and we actually have a 12K watt, 5x10 fiber laser being manufactured as I type this so once that arrives I doubt I’ll plasma cut anymore. I can ship the Shop Sabre to Germany if you like. :mrgreen: I’ll tease you with a few videos of the laser once it’s up and running. I do have two reoccurring jobs I’m not sure how I’ll laser cut but I’ll worry about those later.
suntravel
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Post by suntravel »

Lead In/Out ist just one click and a value in Intercon.

Even without them i would have made this part not faster in AutoCAD.

Nesting in Intercon seems to be easy and space saving also.

Thanks for the offer to borrow your Shop Sabre for free :mrgreen:

Uwe
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

I do my nesting in Vcarve and it’s quite simple as well. A great feature for sure to have minimal waste. Lead in and out is 2 values in Vcarve, radius and length. The Shop Sabre IS free but the shipping can be quite expensive. :o