RPauli Plasma Build pics, Beta test Centroid

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

repauli1
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: RPauli Plasma Build pics, Beta test Centroid

Post by repauli1 »

I realize dedicated pc Part, forgot to disable wifi after Keith did a TV login.
jcoldon
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC12: No

Post by jcoldon »

i think we need to know why wifi causing problem .
i built ran plasma tables used lot different pc with Wi-Fi never had problem I'm doing it now my mpg antenna sitting on my switch lol
there were times i even used my pc threw a router on my controllers just to test them out. just saying don't use it. Not going to help you will need wifi for installs trouble shooting
Also wiring practice used on mills and routers i don't use on plasma like NEG dc i connect all neg dc to 1 buss isolate from frame gnd all my shield drains on that neg dc buss it called float gnd. it common practice in pos gnd dc environment.. i used in system networks with microwave back bone . keep in mind plasma pos gnd when torch fires all my wires step direction in cabinet all wires leaving cabinet all have shield cable even ethernet. cabinet frame not connected to the dc neg. i even remove the acorn power supply gnd jumper . my thc uses a din rail mean well power supply not metal one acorn supplied i used the mean well it was easier to mount plus it better isolated from frame it plastic.
i do every little thing to prevent RFI i use all metal enclosers .
i spent 30 years in communication biz seen what rfi does to electronics we at Motorola used a lot of shield tech . I not say wire is the problem in this Wi-Fi just point out things.
buy the way my pc stays way away from the plasma controller putting pc in controller might be ok for router mills not plasma . i also isolated my acorn and thc mounted to plastic so no screws touch frame GND . i don't have my frame grounded with a rod right now it just ac wall GND i use rod once i decide if i keep table in it spot . All my gantry parts and frame all connected to main frame with 12ga GND wire so no GND threw the slides
No coiled wires coiled wires on plasma cutter GND have been proven to cause thc voltage read problems .
The last thing i used clear path servo on build once about 5 years ago using hicon controller mach4 plasma..
that step direction wire needs to be shielded the wires they sent me back then were not.
i made new ones .
personally, I'm not a fan of clear path on plasma not that there bad motors lots of oem using them star lab jd2 shop Sabor few others they wont relic there setting info i tried.. DD went threw problems once with technic once they could not come up with a real good way to tune a master slave motor on y axis .
don't know if they ever did dd used the x axis settings in y motors from what i understand star lab does the same . just some info i know
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

The Wi-Fi signal itself may not be causing any issues, you simply don’t want your PC surfing the web looking for updates or updating your Facebook status when you are in the middle of a lengthy job. Sometimes with windows updates that run in the background they can un-do some of the configuration settings needed to run the Centroid software. You do not need Wi-Fi on a CNC pc at all. You can easily update it with a thumb drive or using a simple USB Wi-Fi adaptor plugged in to a USB port when an update is needed.

If he’s seeing pc resend errors in his log that’s a noise issue not a Wi-Fi issue.
Last edited by ShawnM on Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
repauli1

Post by repauli1 »

I have not had any RESEND errors since disabling WiFi, I went through all settings as per Centroid windows setup video.

I tried cutting today, it cuts great but getting false limit trips. So I did some digging.
Was getting RF noise false tripping Z+ limit, I removed input then same issue popped up but now on Y-. Using meter I came to this conclusion. I thought the sheilds were factory terminated in the amphnoel connector at the proximity switch (with LED, and yes NPN 3wire), but checked today, they are not, so disconnected 5 limits, trimmed back to get to braided sheild, and need to complete tmrw

Just FYI, I am running Clearpaths, and my page up/dwn does not function either.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Hi Bob,

Are your prox sensors NO or NC? Hopefully NC as they help eliminate false triggers. If using shielded cable on the sensors it's best practice to ground the end closet to the Acorn on your ground bus bar, not at the switch itself.

My page up/down is now working in the latest beta but not sure why as Joey and Keith don't know of any changes in the last beta.

Shawn
repauli1

Post by repauli1 »

Finally isolated noise issue, and good cutting.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XJHDvj3wMjMeTVzz8
Attachments
received_498636094962894.jpeg
Last edited by repauli1 on Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

repauli1 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:57 pm Finally isolated noise issue, and good cutting.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XJHDvj3wMjMeTVzz8
thanks for the video... which beta are you using? post a fresh report.zip so we can see and see your settings..thanks so much. Keith
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Please share what the noise issue was so we can all learn from this and be able to help others in the future.
repauli1

Post by repauli1 »

I found a sheild wire had been grounded at the amphnoel connector at the proximity sensor. Retrimmed sensors, grounded at cabinet. All good now.
Just a note, I swapped controllers on this table, the old controller was a AXBB-E with Neuron THC. The prox sensor was wired into Neuron, on a separate power supply, the sheild did not interfere with that setup.
Lesson learned, and should have known better...tripple check to make certain. After doing automation for 35years I should have had this down.

Will post report tmrw.
repauli1

Post by repauli1 »

I have cut a couple signs and a saw art, had about three resume cuts on saw, and one on signs, resume worked wonderful.
Very little dross, just on tight corners, clean up was a breeze.
Will hook up ohmic tomorrow and test it out. Attached is report, and pics link
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JgpKPSGcf8CcjhLA8
Attachments
report_80F5B52B9E08-1117215374_2022-02-09_08-33-24.zip
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 61 times