ShopSabre Sidekick 10 Acorn Retrofit

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

jcoldon
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: ShopSabre Sidekick 10 Acorn Retrofit

Post by jcoldon »

Using the round mount i always wire proximity sen in series . tighten springs it be fine
mine works as it supose to i been using this mount for many years . if it to sencitive adjust the senc down a little closer . then adjust offset setting
. as far as ohmic and water . water gets in the nozel shorts to the shild causing faulice trigger . some time fire torch blow it out
some controllers hafe the ability to fire torch for a mili sec to trier the air .
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
CNC12: Yes

Post by ShawnM »

jcoldon wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:27 am Using the round mount i always wire proximity sen in series . tighten springs it be fine
mine works as it supose to i been using this mount for many years . if it to sencitive adjust the senc down a little closer . then adjust offset setting
. as far as ohmic and water . water gets in the nozel shorts to the shild causing faulice trigger . some time fire torch blow it out
some controllers hafe the ability to fire torch for a mili sec to trier the air .
Thanks Jeff, I ended up taking the entire breakaway head apart, adjusted everything and reassembled it. The two prox sensors are wired in series on the "torch breakaway" input. It's working now. Maybe ShopSabre had it adjusted differently for the old WinCNC setup. There were even a few times with the old controller that it didn't trip when it needed to. All good now. I don't have a float switch on this machine.

I reshimmed the mount on the Z axis, squared up the torch to the work surface, adjusted the spring tension, adjusted the alignment cones and adjusted the prox sensors. All seems to be working great now. Working with the new touch off macro from Centroid and I like the check for a shorted tip. I understand that water will close the circuit and I can test fire the torch for a second to dry it out.

I have a 350 piece job Tuesday so we'll see how it runs then.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Here's the file Keith, I was running this with the "contouring plasma" profile which is the first one of the two on my beta. Of course just change the .txt to .tap to run it.
walker_arm_end_cap.txt
(1.47 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

ShawnM wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:17 pm Here's the file Keith, I was running this with the "contouring plasma" profile which is the first one of the two on my beta. Of course just change the .txt to .tap to run it.

walker_arm_end_cap.txt
please use the precision plasma preset for this type of work. thanks,
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

But my small holes come out perfect with the "contouring plasma" profile. I know there's purpose for each profile, I need to find a happy medium on the small holes.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

ShawnM wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:30 pm But my small holes come out perfect with the "contouring plasma" profile. I know there's purpose for each profile, I need to find a happy medium on the small holes.
ok great. post a fresh report.zip so we can see the settings being used.
joey is going to cut the program you provided on our machine and we can compare results.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Joey

Post by Joey »

Hey Shawn Took a video cutting your Vectric Gcode. I didn't notice much slowing down in the corners. check it out

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JV4kbHSFw4L5LTsG6
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Joey wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:47 pm Hey Shawn Took a video cutting your Vectric Gcode. I didn't notice much slowing down in the corners. check it out

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JV4kbHSFw4L5LTsG6
What smoothing profile did you use? Mine was set on "contouring plasma". Mine slowed down quite a bit in the corners, 50% to be exact according to the smoothing profile. When I cut it with the "precision plasma" profile it cuts like yours does. My beta is dated 12/2 and Keith said it was old but another one was probably coming tomorrow. Not sure if yours is newer and has some different changes or not.

There's a video of my cut in my Google folder but it's not as "close up" as yours. I'll finish cutting these parts tomorrow before I update the software since it is actually working at the moment.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Shawn, I tried your "Walker Cap" part again after editing The G-Code to cut your inside circle at 75ipm. I came up with 75ipm pretty quick so that could be tuned a little more but it looked pretty good to me. I've included a picture of your G-Code after I set the inside circle to 75ipm. Ive also included a picture of the Profile for you to try out. I tweaked the Feedrate a bit to get a cleaner cut. The steel I'm cutting seems to be thinner than exactly .125inches and is closer to .110. The Anti Dive Velocity is set to 90% so the THC did not turn on during the inside circle cut. Also running the Precision smoothing setting so as to not slow down in the corners as much. Give it a try and Let me know what you think.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KzvV2RaohMZ2nwKx5
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Thanks Joey, I'll have a look and test it tomorrow as I have many more of those to cut. I do remember my ADV was also 90%. I am cutting 14 gauge steel. The cuts I'm getting are very clean compared to before (the old control), I was just hoping to speed it up just a bit around the outside corners for a bit less dross. This was when I started messing with and creating a third profile to try for the best of both worlds.

In your last photo it's super clean but the taper on the hole will never allow a 3/8 bolt in that hole. With the "contouring plasma" profile the holes are EXACT, never been better.

I'll report back tomorrow with any updates.
Last edited by ShawnM on Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.