Millright Mega V Plasma Table

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

Trialnterror
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Millright Mega V Plasma Table

Post by Trialnterror »

I’m going to for the time being put the computer on the back burner and use the Bridgeports computer and get cutting. Once I have a consistent working cnc plasma cutter then I’ll revisit the computer. I appreciate the offer Sean. What I’ll do is once I get everything running and want to look at the computer I’m going to re install windows 10 myself and if it still doesn’t work I’ll ask for your help. As for the memory question, I bought the computer from a guy that sells computers and he installed everything. I then went thru and followed all the instructions on the settings needed. Kieth helped me setup cnc 12 plasma and he double-checked my settings also. It could be the type of memory I’m not sure. I know when running g code it would hang and show memory on the screen in cnc 12. But again I’m moving forward for now and want to get a few things cut and make sure everything is working as it should. Thank you all for the help and comments.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

lots of users are having good luck with these..

https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1914
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
jcoldon
CNC12: No

Post by jcoldon »

i used this amazon pc works fine for my plasma

ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

It's possible it's the memory, it could be a compatibility issue as you cant just stick any memory into any PC, there are too many variables to list with memory and it's critical that it's the correct and compatible memory for the motherboard. If you have the old memory reinstall it. All you need is 8GB, no need to get crazy with new super-fast memory.
Trialnterror

Post by Trialnterror »

Well I got my new plasma cutter I wired the cnc port pins according to the schematic, I checked the voltage before hooking it up to make sure what comes out is the correct voltage and polarity’s. The 50 - 1 divided voltage measured , 2.5volts dc the positive is hooked to Gnd and the negative is hooked to ANLV per the drawing. The trigger measured 14.5 volts dc and each line goes to output 2. Immediately upon trying a test fire in cnc 12 plasma I got an error and the TX board started smelling. Something has burnt in the TX board. Has I freaked out as soon as I smelt something, powered off everything and double checked everything. Has anyone had this same issue? I guess my next step is to talk to Kieth. I can look at the board and see what failed. But for now I’m dead in the water. Paul
Joey

Post by Joey »

I messed up my wiring on the tx board and cooked it before. Can you please take pictures of the wiring . A short video following the wires thru the cabinet would also help.
Trialnterror

Post by Trialnterror »

I can yes. But I’m 100% sure I had it wired exactly like the schematic shows. I’ll do a quick video in a bit.
Trialnterror

Post by Trialnterror »

I’m curious how you messed up on the wiring?
Joey

Post by Joey »

Long story short I was experimenting with a cheap plasma box that has a cnc communication port. There schematics didnt add up. I made an assumption about the pin layout and cooked the tx board. This wasn't done with a Hypertherm. I have not seen anyone cook a RX or TX board yet.
Trialnterror

Post by Trialnterror »

I think I found my issues with my computer pausing. Saying waiting for memory and also 452 Ethernet Communication Error
There’s a tech bulletin 270. Under that bulletin it says to go to windows defender firewall, advanced security, inbound rules. Look for cncp or cncm
These should be green! Mine were red! I clicked properties and allow connections!
This fixed my stalling issues so far…….crossing fingers!

Search tech bulletin 270
Giver a read if your having these errors!

ShawnM wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:21 pm
Trialnterror wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:53 pm i just saw that the boards are supposed to be as far apart as possible. I'm going to move them apart. I haven't got past the calibration. I've installed the newest beta and now it fires and just sits at cut height plasma on not moving, and says waiting for memory. If i try a test run it runs above the part just fine. I'm going to move the boards and check back in.report_0035FF99556E-0825215144_2021-12-12_11-47-37.zip

i have a millright cnc mega v plasma/router 35" X 35"
When did you last update your version of Windows 10, it looks as if you have an older version of Win10 Enterprise. How much RAM? The PC running your machine and CNC12 should not be running any other program or be used for anything else. It's recommended to dedicate a PC solely for CNC12. Are you running other software at the same time or in the background?

I can see from the title of your post that you have a Millright table, what PLASMA CUTTER do you have? Brand? Model number? Hypertherm? Lincoln? Miller? What plasma cutter are you using on the table?

I looked at your wizard file and your encoder counts are different for the Z asis. The x and y are 3200 and the Z is 5000, why? Is this right? Are the drives set the same way? Why is the z different? Your rev/in are very low for x and y and z is quite a bit higher, are you sure they are correct? Did anyone help you set this up?