Millright Mega V Plasma Table

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

repauli1
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Millright Mega V Plasma Table

Post by repauli1 »

I start the tune at 6inches like Jeff said, but then I go multiples, adding 2 feet until I am at end of table or gantry, gets you really dialed in.
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

repauli1 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:18 pm I start the tune at 6inches like Jeff said, but then I go multiples, adding 2 feet until I am at end of table or gantry, gets you really dialed in.
MY opinion is that you'll never get "dialed in" with a ruler but maybe that's close enough for a plasma cutter. I'm used to working with my router and a ruler is never close enough for that. :mrgreen:
jcoldon
CNC12: No

Post by jcoldon »

Air plasma accuracy is about 12 thousand give or take That from hypertherm Jim colt. So the ruler close enough to get going
you can use Dile indicator later to make it more accurate if the drive system supports that accuracy .
And check to see if after a long cut it returns to the zero start spot.
Running a router table with direct drive small motors with plasma
are not going to have the speed or the acceleration needed for good cuts hypertherm plasma cut faster then most China cutters

i also say use sheet cam and the post Keeth posted . don't use the cam in vectric it not for plasma . the dxf files made it vectric fine i have the program . although i find parts better drawn in fusion 360
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

I agree that plasma is no where as accurate as a router and it doesn't need to be. There are too many variables with plasma. 12 thousandths is "close enough" with plasma. :mrgreen:

When cutting aluminum on my router I need far more accuracy for the type of work I use it for.

I draw all my parts in AutoCAD 2015 then import them into the Vectric programs. The CAD side of the Vectric software is garbage at best unless you simply need to draw a square or circle to cut. The Vectric software will create plasma toolpaths just fine if you set it up to do this. Out of the box it is not designed for plasma.
jcoldon

Post by jcoldon »

ShawnM i use vectric for art load dxf files in sheet cam for parts i use fusion save dxf use sheet cam
nether program does cam that good for plasma lacks all necessary settings.

i also use Rino . Inkscape Corell .EnRoute and a few others . some time it takes them all .
Trialnterror

Post by Trialnterror »

Just an update Well I’ve spent well over a month troubleshooting this machine in between having Covid that laid me up for 3 weeks. It isn’t my wiring it is the computer that I was using. The specs are in line with what is needed to run the machine but it looks as though it’s an old version of windows 10. The gentleman a few posts above pointed that out! Well I now have it hooked to my computer that runs my centroid acorn on my Bridgeport. I am going to have to research about running 2 versions of centroid on the same computer under different account names. I thought I may of been able to but it looks as though it deleted my cnc 12 mill. I should have a backup back up so I’ll have to see if I can retrieve my settings for my Bridgeport. If I cannot run two machines on one computer I’ll end up buying a newer computer to run plasma cnc. I have a brand new plasma cutter with machine torch that I will work on setting up now also. I was also having issues with my older plasma cutter because it had a delay that varied upon startup of cutting. Hence the new plasma cutter.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

One of the first things you are asked to do BEFORE installing CNC12 is to update the PC and any drivers. This is essential to a smooth running machine. Having a PC for each machine is of course optimal and PC's are very cheap and can be bought on eBay all day for well under $200 with WIN10 Pro installed.
Trialnterror

Post by Trialnterror »

You know Shawn I ran all the updates on the computer and it said there was no more updates available. So I thought I checked that box. I installed the newer faster memory in it also with 16gb. But for some reason it just doesn’t want to run on that computer. I’ll just end up buying another one I guess.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

After you run any updates it's a good idea to disconnect the PC from the internet. There's no need to always have internet on the CNC pc until you need it for an update. The problem is that the PC can search for updates and install them automatically if you don't have it setup correctly. When it does this it can reset some of your setting needed to run CNC12 and cause it to not run.

What is happening? You say "But for some reason it just doesn’t want to run on that computer." Explain what is happening because the PC does meet the minimum requirements quite well. Is the new memory compatible with your mother board? What happens when you launch CNC12?

I'd update everything, disconnect from the internet and start over and go through the steps to set it up for a CNC PC. There's no reason it shouldn't run. If you would like to do a TeamViewer session maybe I can help you set it up. If you just want to buy a new PC that's also fine.
jcoldon

Post by jcoldon »

you posted you could jog the table around if your motor tuned it should work this not windows update problem