Can Lose power in one half of whole system.?

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

bertieboy
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: Yes
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Can Lose power in one half of whole system.?

Post by bertieboy »

Ok, howdy as usual, you guys seem to steer me in the right direction and a big thanks again for your time.Im retrofitting a small table with the centron acorn gear. Im also upgrading to xp45 and im gutting internals of duramax lock torch to make/ fit the internals into my own straight, tube style, machine torch. So i can make/run a ring style touch off, collision style torch holder. Im making the torch have no switches etc .....I might make a little loom up that utilises the tip/cap off micro switch.not sure as this question might answere wether i need it or not.{in 45xp needs to stay on}
ALL BECAUSE i really want to switch off the whole xp45 machine when I do tip changes etc for safety.
Soooooo my question is ..... will turning off the xp45 totally, for tip change,upset the Arcorn board or cnc12 software running ? Will the cnc12 continue on functioning as normal when i turn xp back on and continue? etc or it will be affected by turning off the xp45 machine? It has the cpc dinse plug outlet that goes to the centroid board as per normal. So Any probs switching the xp45 off on etc whilst the rest stays ok? Thats my question.
For those interested, I know i have to move one wire in the end plug/ machine end, of the torch cable.
As for the other switch wires that were inside the 75degree torch handle, ive yet to see what needs connecting. At a glance it looks like they all join together inside my tube torch. the purple blue orange. i will straighten the copper line geeeently lol... pics for interest .... i refuse the $1000 here in Australia cost for torch!

I know this seems torch related but i feel its place is here? As its about the acorn board, cnc12 and touchoff, voltage divider cpc is affected when power off xp45 for a few mintes. Or leave micro cup switch incorperated into my new torch. cheers all . Any info or links or magic welcome.
Attachments
DF7FF0E8-36AF-4B84-B49E-87D202D63F7A.jpeg
EBC29A8C-7D85-4EDB-AC55-075A827FA0F6.jpeg
Joey

Re: Can Lose power in one half of whole system.?

Post by Joey »

The Acorn and CNC12 software will be non the wiser if the Plasma unit is powered on or OFF.

Power cycling the Hypertherm won't affect anything

Bak who is on the Forum here recently hooked up his hand torch and made the changes necessary inside the hand torch.

Bak called Hypertherm and they Instructed him on how to open up the Hand torch and what pins to jump.
I thought that was pretty cool.

I would hook up the ARC OK or OK To Move pins from the Hypertherm to an acorn input. This will help CNC 12 with more reliable start times. And if the Hypertherm is not actually powered on,, X/Y motion won't start after the pierce without the ARC OK signal from the hypertherm
bertieboy
Plasma CNC Controller: Yes
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by bertieboy »

Ok thanks, yeah im not sure as jim colt i think his name is, is pretty cool with helping out in many ways but i read a few where he instructed them to buy the machine torch and be done with it. Sad thing is in Australia, the dollar+frieght means you can double the usa price and thats our price. Not being a tight ass but the main prob, plus i dont mind makin stuff, sweat equity we call it lol. Cheers. Thanks for tip on what you wrote i will investigate 👍🏻
Joey

Post by Joey »

Best bet is to Contact Hypertherm.

I think I remember someone on YouTube rigging up a hand torch. I think it was Clough49. It was a 45xp but the larger Power max hand torches should be the same.