Plasma Dust collection

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

610Garage
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Plasma Dust collection

Post by 610Garage »

I am trying to use the dust collection output for my exhaust fan. It is not working however. Is that disabled for plasma tables? I am attempting to use the default M35 and M36 codes to actuate. I looked at the plc code and it does look like M35P_SV is used to actuate the THC. Is it just a matter of changing the M code number in the plc code? f so, what code should I use? I am sadly not supper familiar with g and m codes.
Thanks.

ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Re: Plasma Dust collection

Post by ShawnM »

You could just wire the fan through any of the available relay outputs and use the generic M code for that output to turn it off or on. M61 through M68 turns output 1-8 on and M81 through M88 turns it off. Add this to you post processor to have it turn off and on automatically.

What are you setting the output to?

Please post a current report so we can see your setup and make suggestions to help.

RogDC

Post by RogDC »

In the Wizard, are you able to select 'ALL' for the outputs and select Router Dust Collection as an option?

I use Tailstock in/out from a lathe on my router for a sliding ATC tool rack. It's not an option in the default Router list in Wizard, I need to select ALL at the top, then it becomes an option.

I haven't used the plasma version of CNC12, but may be an option for you.

610Garage

Post by 610Garage »

ShawnM wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:57 pm You could just wire the fan through any of the available relay outputs and use the generic M code for that output to turn it off or on. M61 through M68 turns output 1-8 on and M81 through M88 turns it off. Add this to you post processor to have it turn off and on automatically.

What are you setting the output to?

Please post a current report so we can see your setup and make suggestions to help.
That's what I am doing right now. If the script ends prematurely, whether it be through termination or estop, the fan will continue to run until I get to MIDI to manually turn the fan off. Yes, I can add a button/macro and was planning on it, but if I can use something that the logic is already written for, why not. I also wanted the fan to not run during a dry run. Not sure if the dust collection logic does this or not. I'm guessing not wich may make this question mute. I was trying to avoid modifying the PLC if I don't need to.

I'll try to get the logs tomorrow. Hopefully I'll remember when I'm near the machine. :) Sorry, I didn't think it would be necessary for a generic question such as this.

610Garage

Post by 610Garage »

RogDC wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:54 pm In the Wizard, are you able to select 'ALL' for the outputs and select Router Dust Collection as an option?

I use Tailstock in/out from a lathe on my router for a sliding ATC tool rack. It's not an option in the default Router list in Wizard, I need to select ALL at the top, then it becomes an option.

I haven't used the plasma version of CNC12, but may be an option for you.
Yea, that's what I did. Which is why I'm confused. It just seems to ignore M35 and M36 commands.

ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

Keep in mind there is no "dry run" in the router version so the "dust collection" output would not be configured into any "dry run" macro. There are also no PLC changes needed to simply use any generic M61-M68 in the gcode to turn it off or on. And yes, you can add a button to manually turn it on/off very easily.

There is no logic needed to be written to simply add two lines to your PP to turn it on and turn it off. One line reads M61 and at the end you add M81. If the "dry run" is now a simple macro like the other buttons you can edit it to not have the motor on. I'm not running the latest plasma version on my plasma table yet so I cant say for sure how the button operates in the latest version.

Keep in mind, it's never a good idea to stop or end a program with estop. This is the last button you ever want to press on a CNC machine. Cycle cancel, torch check, feed hold, ESC on the keyboard, any of these are the preferred method. The estop is exactly what it's for, emergencies. If the machine is wired properly you have to rehome after an estop.

With your report we can see how you have things configured/wired and to what inputs and outputs and we don't have to ask you these questions and we can provide much better direction for a solution. It saves a lot of time and you get more support when you provide a report.

610Garage

Post by 610Garage »

I've attached my report. This is it's current "working" state. The fan is attached to an M94/M95 code. That output was attached to dustcolection when I was trying it. I had to use the plasma cutter and forgot to change it back for the report till now. :D
ShawnM wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:44 pm Keep in mind, it's never a good idea to stop or end a program with estop. This is the last button you ever want to press on a CNC machine. Cycle cancel, torch check, feed hold, ESC on the keyboard, any of these are the preferred method. The estop is exactly what it's for, emergencies. If the machine is wired properly you have to rehome after an estop.
I am not necessarily going to be the one who always operates this machine. I have to try to automate as much as possible because people suck. I can entirely see somone getting into trouble, hitting the estop, then either forgetting to shut the fan down, or just ignoring it till I get there. Our shop is conditioned, so I don't wnat that to happen. I also believe that if the estop is hit, everything that the machine turned on, should stop. Including the fan.
ShawnM wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:44 pm Keep in mind there is no "dry run" in the router version so the "dust collection" output would not be configured into any "dry run" macro. There are also no PLC changes needed to simply use any generic M61-M68 in the gcode to turn it off or on. And yes, you can add a button to manually turn it on/off very easily.

There is no logic needed to be written to simply add two lines to your PP to turn it on and turn it off. One line reads M61 and at the end you add M81. If the "dry run" is now a simple macro like the other buttons you can edit it to not have the motor on. I'm not running the latest plasma version on my plasma table yet so I cant say for sure how the button operates in the latest version.
It's sounding like editing the plc would be my best choice. The logic dosn't scare me. If I can keep it stock, it will probably help with future maintenance. But if I got to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the function I want, I might as well just edit it. But I would still like to know why M35 doesn't respond. If I can keep it as close to normal as possible, it usually helps my frail sanity. :) If I can't use M35, what code would be appropriate for such an event?

BMF
CNC Control System Serial Number: 78047348F172-0620192171

Post by BMF »

I have been trying to do something similar. I've got a VCP button "exhaust blower" set up and working as skin_event_75, but I cannot seem to get the output to turn on with g-code. If I run put M63/M83 in g-code I get a "invalid M function Line 69" which is the M83 command, and I get no blower turning on before the first rapid. M63 in g-code seems to be calling Mfunc63.mac -- "Torch Cycle Start" .

Also I cannot change OUTPUT 3 to M95M95113 in the wizard. It tells me fatal error has occurred - wizard must close.

Greg