Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

TT-4 and KP-3 Oak Clarification

Post by bizarrecustoms »

I am sure there are plenty of people running both the TT-4 and the KP-3 on their oak board but I was not able to find a definitive answer. In the TT-4 manual it shows how to wire both into an Acorn but not an Oak. I only see one port intended for probe use on the Oak board. After looking at the cable schematic call outs it looks like the KP-3 uses pin 6 on the bulk head and the TT-4 is using pin 4 for signal out. My assumption is that I can run a single Oak to Bulk head cable into the machine and it will auto detect based on which probe cable I hook up to it? Can anyone verify this assumption for me?

As well, as I am retrofitting an Arrow 1000, my cable is no where close to long enough to reach from my cabinet into my machine. Is there any reason I can not remake it with a longer run of shielded wiring?
centroid467
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC12: No

Re: TT-4 and KP-3 Oak Clarification

Post by centroid467 »

Yes, it will use pins 4 and 6 to determine whether the connected device is the KP-3 or the TT-4. The provided cables should be labelled from the factory to help avoid mixing them up.

Yes, you can make your own longer cable to go from the cabinet to the bulkhead connector. The cables from the probe to the bulkhead have special circuitry inside but the cable from the bulkhead to the Oak is just a plain cable.
bizarrecustoms
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes

Re: TT-4 and KP-3 Oak Clarification

Post by bizarrecustoms »

centroid467 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:35 am Yes, it will use pins 4 and 6 to determine whether the connected device is the KP-3 or the TT-4. The provided cables should be labelled from the factory to help avoid mixing them up.

Yes, you can make your own longer cable to go from the cabinet to the bulkhead connector. The cables from the probe to the bulkhead have special circuitry inside but the cable from the bulkhead to the Oak is just a plain cable.
That is what I came to. Thank you for the verification before I dove into it.