supermaxcnc
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Allin1dc limit issue < resolved>

Post by supermaxcnc »

I'm having an issue with my limits and homing. The machine will hit the limit switch and then throw an error for position.. Everything that is very obvious and common has been confirmed motor polarity limits direction PID positive negative values etc The limits all function fine in the pid menu. Otherwise the machine runs fine.If I do a standard jog reference sequence. Is there something deeper im missing??
dpascucci_support
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Allin1dc limit issue

Post by dpascucci_support »

Please post a report.zip file, without that information we don't know anything about your system.
Domenic

When requesting support READ THIS POST first.

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
supermaxcnc

Post by supermaxcnc »

i attached report serial number is 0008dc111213-0228140973
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-0228140973_2024-03-22_19-59-28.zip
(840.02 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

From your report:

Code: Select all

Axis  Label  Motor                Encoder      Lash Comp.        Limit          Home      Dir  Screw
             revs/in              counts/rev.  (inches)          -     +        -     +   Rev  Comp
1     X     10.0000000000000000      8000        0.0019          1     2        1     2   Y     N
2     Y     10.0000000000000000      8000        0.0025          3     4        3     4   N     N
3     Z     10.0000000000000000      8000        0.0010          5     6        5     6   Y     N
Because you have direction reversal set on the X axis, you need to wire the X- switch (table right) to INP2, and the X+ switch (table left) to INP1. Then you need to swap the input numbers on the Machine Configuration -> Motor Parameters table to match.

Because you have direction reversal set on the Z axis, you also need to wire the Z- switch (quill down) to INP6, and the Z+ switch (quill up) to INP5. Then you need to swap those input numbers on the Machine Configuration -> Motor Parameters table as well.
supermaxcnc

Post by supermaxcnc »

I already tryed that. Although i just realized the x and z axis encoder counts are not goin in same direction as the axis when jogging. Y axis is so i edited the hom file and y axis works perfectly could this be my encoder abz channels are mixed up? I did not make the axis cables my self somebody else did...
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Steps for commissioning a DC servo axis with Allin1DC:
1) Make sure you can jog the motor slowly and smoothly, under control. If it runs away and says "410 ... position error", then you probably need to swap either your power polarity or your encoder direction (A and B channels).
2) Decide whether or not you need to set direction reversal. If it is moving under control, and positive-counting encoder counts correspond to positive axis movement, then Direction Reversal should be "N". If it is moving under control, and positive-counting encoder counts correspond to negative axis movement, then Direction Reversal should be "Y".
3) On the Machine Configuration -> Motor Parameters table, enter the correct limit and home switch input numbers. If Direction Reversal is "N", then the inputs should be the defaults: minus switch on lower-numbered input, plus switch on higher-numbered input. If Direction Reversal is "Y", then the inputs should be reversed from the defaults: minus switch on the higher-numbered input, plus switch on the lower-numbered input.
4) Connect your limit switches to the inputs determined in step (3).
5) Verify that, in Slow, Continuous jog mode, you can jog an axis away from a tripped limit switch; but not towards a tripped limit switch.
supermaxcnc

Post by supermaxcnc »

Machine is fixed and homing properly. Thanks for the help!
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes

Re: Allin1dc limit issue < resolved>

Post by cnckeith »

thanks for reporting back, i marked thread resolved.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html