NEW Atrump Retrofit Project.

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

cncsnw

Re: NEW Atrump Retrofit Project.

Post by cncsnw »

Before selecting reversing contactors and an overload relay, you need to know the rated current of the ATC carousel motor. Take enough covers off that you can read the data plate. On other B5AC machines, these have been rated between 0.31A and 0.40A on 230VAC.

I would use Fuji SC-E02 contactors and a TK26E overload, from Automation Direct. That is mostly out of habit and a desire for consistency. For a one-off, you could just as well use their WEG CWC07 series mini contactors and RW17D overload, which will be slightly smaller and less expensive. There are several parts and accessories needed to assemble a reversing contactor set: line and load side jumpers, a mechanical interlock device, and RC or varistor suppressors for each coil. Review the "specifications" page and items descriptions.
aamir
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by aamir »

Hello
I did Atrump BF6C with Acorn and customer use existing spindle Drive and use Yaskawa sigma5 motor

https://youtube.com/shorts/7uWfoXgWkew? ... KNL3evfTy2
Dsilguero
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No

Post by Dsilguero »

I removed the atc cover and the motor is as you said .31A 220v. will I need to step down the 230 to 220 or will it also work? Secondly will u be needing any kind if auxiliary contact for the Tool changer.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/183x ... p=drivesdk
Here is a link to a google document of the parts so far. I was hoping you could take a look at it and see if I'm missing anything major. I know I will still need wires crimps numbers etc. :D
Dsilguero
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No

Post by Dsilguero »

Additionally, what would be a good resource for learning about the ATC system and how it functions/is typically wired? Before diving into this project, I want to have a good understanding of this system.