Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6750
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Mastercam

Post by alansneb »

Hi , firstly I would like to say I’m not the best at fully understanding the computer side of my control so please excuse any thing I may get wrong.
I have a 2002 cnc machining centre which died a few years back .. however the M400 control was working fine and I have used it purely for the Mastercam . However the control has now packed up , shame because I loved the Mastercam and found it easy to use and it was a great help with my machining I do on my other later machine .
My question is , would I be correct in thinking the Mastercam will be on its hard drive ? And if so is there any desktop PC I could use for Mastercam if I replaced its hard drive with the one from the M400 ? Hope this makes sense and any help would be much appreciated
cncsnw

Re: Mastercam

Post by cncsnw »

Let us assume that you are talking about a DOS-based Centroid control, which came with Mastercam version 3.21C.

Mastercam v3.21C was a variant of the DOS-based Mastercam v3.21, which was created to run (only) on Centroid controls, using Centroid's software option unlock system.

In that case, the short answer is no. That software will only run under DOS, on a computer that is also running Centroid's CNC7 software, with the Centroid CPU7 control board installed.
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Mastercam

Post by cnckeith »

i moved this post out of the Acorn forum
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html