Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900748
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

AllinOne, Add 1616 and Delta C2000 with PG01L card

Post by practical »

I know you all want a fresh report and pictures but that has nothing to do with my questions. I am setting up my spindle and have it running and can see the rpm at the screen. My issue is that I want to use the EMC PG-01L card for a tool changer and I question where some of the wires go. In the TB 316 it lists the parameters for the VFD and the wiring but no wiring diagram. The question are:
1 Is there such a wiring diagram for this and if not why not?
2 RC1, RC2 and MCM are all called out (normally 0VDC). Is that 0 volts or COMMON?
3 Is every wire called out used or do I use what I need to make it work?
4 RA2- Orient Complete (PLC input) Is that the same as oriented as shown in the wiring diagram?
5 M01 Operation Speed Obtained Cannot be the same as RA2 but both show (PLC input). Where does that wire go?

Once I am confident that the VFD is properly connected I will post pictures and a report if I am still having issues.
The Serial Number is A900748 and I am using CNC12
Bridgeport Discovery 308
Everything works as far as X,Y and Z including Homing. I could use it as a manual tool changer right now but I would rather use the tool changer since I have it.
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: AllinOne, Add 1616 and Delta C2000 with PG01L card

Post by cnckeith »

generic Allin1DC with ATC using orient complete system schematic
https://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppo ... 817.r5.pdf
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
practical
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by practical »

Thanks for responding cnckeith!
I have that wiring diagram as that is what I used to get everything but the spindle and tool changer working. What I was looking for was a wiring diagram for the Delta C2000 and how it connects to the All in one/add 1616 boards. TB 316 only tells you where the wires go with words but no wiring diagram showing where the wires actually should as the diagram you linked to does. Is there any other information on that setup that maybe I am overlooking?

Sam
dpascucci_support
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC12: No

Post by dpascucci_support »

Even though it may not seem like it, a report is helpful in this case so that we can see what PLC program you have loaded and how the inputs/outputs are configured for that PLC.
1. There is not a specific wiring diagram for the Delta C2000
2. Relay 1 on the Delta C2000 is being setup as the fault signal for the input SpindleInvertedOK_I on INP10. If that input is sourcing current with 24VDC via the COMMON 9-12 terminal, then we want this relay to pull that to 0V. Therefore, supplying RC1 with 0 Volts is what you need.
3. Only the wires and signals that are listed on the wiring diagram for your system are needed.
4. Correct, RA2 is the orient complete signal sent by the VFD, labelled as ORIENTED on the wiring diagram, corresponding to the PLC input OrientComplete_I.
5. This will depend on the PLC program you have loaded, and whether or not the PLC input VFDUpToSpeed_I is needed. The wiring diagram you provided does not include this signal. This is a signal that is sent by the VFD to the controller, letting the controller know that the spindle has reached the commanded RPM. This would be used if you do not want the controller to issue any commands before the spindle has reached the commanded RPM.
Domenic

When requesting support READ THIS POST first.

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
practical

Post by practical »

I have attached the fresh report, this was from yesterday as we have not changed anything. There is actually a wiring diagram for the Delta c2000 drive on your wiring schematics for the Hickory control. I know this isn't exactly the same but we were able to trace the wires that are the same for the controls and wire terminals on the drive itself. The wire terminals that we are having issues with are the M01 and M02 on the drive. Hopefully with the report we are able to see what PLC input we are looking for. If you want us to trace wires we can as these pictures that I am attaching are just showing wiring to the Delta drive, Tb1, PLC and Add1616. Please forgive the messy wiring we have not finished with cleaning up in wire looms. Once we figure this out we will be able to clean up a lot of the looms themselves. In your TB316 bulletin it has 2 different wiring lists. One shows Everything but the MCM terminal for the drive. The other does show MCM terminal and both lists say wiring with PGO1l encoder card. According to the Hickory schematic that wire is supposed to go to tb1-14a common which is then tied into RC1 and RC2. The machine does orient with M19 command and PLC says waiting for input 17 and then nothing happens, like its looking for a signal from the drive and we are thinking its one of these terminals either they are not connected to a common, or is not sending to correct PLC input. Now having said that the M01 according to TB316 is going to a PLC input but never says where. On the Hickory schematic it shows going to zero speed, but according to TB316 M02 is supposed to go the zero speed PLC input. The drive has all parameters set in accordance with TB316 and we have the new firmware with the drive so we are using 11-66 and 11-52 for orientation settings. Also when running the spindle at any rpm, more predominant at slower speeds like 200 rpm, the spindle will actually hiccup while spinning like its trying to stop and run at the same time. We feel this might also be related to how the drive is hooked up. After we can figure out how the wiring is supposed to go from the delta VFD to the AllinOne control, where can we send the schematic so it can be updated on your schematics just like you have for the Hickory Schematic. This might solve a lot of other issues people have had that we read about on the tech forum and the Facebook CentroidCNC user group.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240412_123506_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240412_123500_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240412_123453_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240412_123446_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240412_123357_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240412_123351_Gallery.jpg
report_0008DC111213-0508192219_2024-04-11_13-23-27.zip
(522.9 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
dpascucci_support
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC12: No

Post by dpascucci_support »

First thing I notice: M01, which is the VFD up to speed signal (seems to be going into inp12) is not needed, M02 which is the VFD zero speed signal is needed and should be inp12.
Since the tool change macro is hanging when waiting for orient to complete (input 17, which is inp1 on the PLCADD1616), the first thing to check is to make sure Parm 10-19 for setting orient position is setup and correct (page 7 of TB316).
If Parm 10-19 is good, need to make sure that the oriented signal from RA2 is getting to input 17. parameter 912 from your report is set to 12 which I believe means that inputs 19 & 20 are inverted, but please check that input 17 is not inverted. Confirm that inp17 is correctly connected to RA2 and that there's continuity across the wire. Confirm RC2 is connected to 0V, measure voltage from RC2 to a known 24V source, the meter should read 24V. Confirm that 1-4COM on PLCADD1616 is supplied with 24V, measure voltage from 1-4COM to a known 0V source, the meter should read 24V.
Confirm that the R2 relay engages whenever orient is complete, there should be an audible click when the relay switches, or you can measure continuity from RA2 to RC2 when the spindle is in it's oriented position.
Domenic

When requesting support READ THIS POST first.

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
practical

Post by practical »

1. TSB316 Page 7 notes 10-19 for orientation bottom of that section small note says: "NOTE: check firmware version parameter 00-06.
Use Parameter 11-66 instead of 10-19 for version 2.06 and up." We have newer firmware and have 11-66 and 11-52 not 10-19 and 10-20. You can refer to page 9 of TSB316. We have already checked that and have it set correctly. I have noted that in the previous reply on the thread.

2. We were going to try and run the unit with the way the Hickory schematic has for M01 (picture was taken before we got a response we changed it back to settings from TSB316 because we were waiting for a response before we tried anything new. M01 is not being used and M02 is going to Zero speed input on PLC and parameter 2-17 is and has been set to 34(Zero Speed).

3. Wire has continuity for RA2 to Input 1 on add1616 board which is for the oriented signal which I assume is for input 17. Also we do not have input 17 inverted and I will attach a picture of what happens when we use M code M19 for orienting the spindle. I can see that input 17 was red then when it orients input17 goes green and it sits waiting. Should we be using a different command to check orientation? what command would we give to end waiting for input 17 since the control sees the input? Maybe this is all working? It doesn't make sense to me that after the control sees the input why I cant give it another MDI command like its stuck waiting for the input when in fact we can see it has it.

4. We have confirmed RC2 is connected to 0v by measuring voltage from RC2 to Tb1-11A which is +24v from PSU1 V3 terminal. The meter reads 24vDC. We then confirmed that 1-4 com on add1616 has 24 volts by measuring voltage from 1-4 com on add1616 to Tb1- 14A which is 0v normally (also where RC2 is wired). The meter measured 24v. So I would say that it is wired correctly and everything is getting required voltage. I also checked voltage between RC2 and RA2 and have 24v. When oriented it drops to 0v. I can't check continuity on RC2 and RA2 when power is being supplied without damaging my meter. I hope this answers that question you had about those terminals. We also hear an audible relay click when we give M code M19 command to orient.

5. We tried to run the spindle again after we checked all this with same results on the spindle hiccuping and waiting for input 17 after Orient M19 command.

6. You say inputs 19-20 are inverted. Should they be inverted or not? It says in setup manual to invert those to inputs. We have not changed them we only change them when the manual tells us to change them.
Attachments
M02 .jpg
Input 17 waiting.jpg
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

The message box in the upper right corner of the CNC12 screen is a scrolling box. The newest messages appear at the bottom.

In your picture, you can see that "308 Waiting for input #17 (M101)" has been superseded by "304 MDI...". That means that the orient command has completed, without error, and that the control is now waiting for the next command at the MDI prompt.

That same information is also conveyed by the fact that the "M19" that you typed at the MDI prompt has been blanked out. The command you typed would have remained visible, in gray, while it was executing. It is only blanked out, and the entry cursor returned, when the command has finished running.
practical

Post by practical »

1. That makes sense for giving it the command and then now its waiting for another command. Question still remains as I cannot give the control another command after this. Like its still holding and waiting for the orientation to finish. If I try and give it an M03 S command for spindle speed it does nothing. If I give it the M05 command it says fault spindle orientation lost and I have to reset the control before I proceed. So Maybe this is how the Centroid Control is supposed to work and it's working correctly. Which command should I give the control to make it stop searching for the orientation? Or a command that once it sees orientation is complete to stop orientation so we can then give it a spindle command? We may not be using the MDI correctly but on our Milltronics machine once we give it an M19 command and it orients you can give it another command after. I understand 2 different controls just trying to understand why a reset on Centroid has to be used to then use MDI for another command. Will this affect a tool change M6 command or because the M6 command is a macro of several different commands will the orientation get canceled out and then move on? We are not using the M code commands for tool changer yet because we are trying to make sure and test everything we can before we have a crash.

2. We still have the problem with the spindle hiccup, jittering or erratic movements at low RPM. This seems to be related to the FOCPG control function 3 (preset 0-11) as if I change to preset 0 V/F control it will work with low RPM. So we tried changing to preset 1 V/F Closed encoder card function and of course the spindle will work at low RPM but now will not orient because it only works in preset 3 FOCPG control function. Any Ideas why the FOCPG control causes this issue? we have made sure from the name plate of the spindle motor has all correct values and we have run the auto tune like it states in the setup procedure in TB316 and still have the same result. I am attaching a video of the issue hopefully it helps.

Thank you
Attachments
141832602121776623.mp4
(253.82 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

A very cursory review of your PLC program suggests that a complete tool change (orient, followed by tool unclamp) is the only scenario that the author of that PLC program considered. The PLC program automatically cancels the orient request, and the orient command, shortly after unclamping the drawbar (counting on the pressure of the drawbar to hold the spindle in position thereafter).

The M5 macro will cancel the M19 request, but that does not appear to remove the orient command to the spindle drive.

Maybe Domenic or Chris can take a look at this, and see whether it is supposed to be possible to gracefully cancel orientation without cancelling the program cycle or doing a tool unclamp. Consider, for example, a G76 fine boring cycle....