CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

redoing an Anilam retrofit

Post by johnhaggerty »

Hello All
I am setting up an Allin1DC it is on a Bridgeport clone(Alliant) that had an Anilam system installed when I got it. SEM servos. The blueprints say 1982.
I watched all Of Marty CNC Garage videos lots of times. Thank You Marty. I got as far as powering the servos unbelted. I try to jog the motors and they seem to move too fast for about 1 second then I get 410 Z axis(3) position error. same on the other axis. same thing in either direction. I looked at other posts with similar conditions the switching the + and - on the motor inputs seems to have worked there. not so here. When I did that the motor just hummed no movement at all.The Y axis does move but very. slowly and then the same error it just takes longer to pop up. I used all the recommended PID inputs. Kp 1.0 Ki0.004 Kd 3.0limit 32000 Kg KV1 and Ka all 0.00accel 0.5 max rate 300. when powered the motors do not hold position. I can freely turn by hand with the hand wheel.
I purchased the whole Allin1DC from Centroid encoders included
Thanks for looking at this
John
Attachments
tempImageEkZTga.gif
tempImage25s2JB.gif
tempImageUat2mo.gif
report_0008DC111213-1005222814_2023-12-26_14-26-48.zip
(667.54 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
cncsnw

Re: redoing an Anilam retrofit

Post by cncsnw »

"Just humming" and holding position sounds about like correct behavior.

If you want a motor to move visibly, you will need to switch the jogging mode from incremental (INCR) to continuous (CONT); or, if you prefer to stay in incremental mode, at least select the "x100" increment.

On a Centroid control, motors do not begin to hold position just because you turned the power on, nor just because you released emergency stop. Motors will be enabled and will hold position after you move them with a jog button or MPG, or after you start a program cycle (e.g. F3/MDI or Cycle Start to home).

So, try jogging each axis in each direction using Slow (turtle), Continuous (CONT) jog mode with the feedrate override knob at or near 100%. Keep an eye on the status window. Any time you get a "410 ... position error" or "411 ... full power without motion" or other stall, you will need to press and release emergency stop to clear that stall/fault condition before you can try to move any axis again.

Let us know which motors are able to move, in which directions; and what stall or fault messages appear in the message window in the event that a motor does not move in a given direction.
johnhaggerty
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No

Post by johnhaggerty »

ok progress
I got the X and Z axis to move X goes in the right direction Z is reversed. Y axis generates a 410 Y axis (2) position error
thanks
John
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

You can use the Direction Reversal setting on the Machine Configuration -> Motor Parameters table to correct the direction of the Z axis. At the same time you should change its limit and home input numbers to 6, 5, 6, 5.

Does the Y axis jump (run away) a short distance before you get the 410 position error? Or does it not move at all?

Did you check your motors and cables per TB155 before you connected them to the Allin1DC? What was the resistance across the armature of the Y motor? What was its resistance from armature leads to chassis ground?
johnhaggerty
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No

Post by johnhaggerty »

I think I found the problem with the Y axis. I had to put a small extension on the motor shaft to accept the encoders. There was a recess on the end of the shaft I made a pin to fit that and didnthave enough locktite on that one. it was loose. I reset the pin and reinstalled the encoder. I am going to wait until tomorrow to test it. Give the locktite enough time to setup. I will keep you posted
Thank you for all the help
John