CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Allin1 DC upgrde help

Post by NeilS »

Hello,

I just pressed the trigger on all the hardware to upgrade my Tryax Knee mill it had a C1996 Centroid system but the M400 is so badly failed that I can't retrieve any setting data from it (CPU board on M400 dead).

I know the servo motors I have used to be the Centroid standard (they were supplied buy Centroid with all the other original control kit) so am looking for data for the current limit settings etc and the pulses per rev and anything else I might need.

The servos are the SEM MTS30M4-48 so working from the manual I suspect I need the current limit set at 12A.
I am looking forward to getting all the new kit and making a start.

Neil
cncsnw

Re: Allin1 DC upgrde help

Post by cncsnw »

Yes, leave the Allin1DC axis outputs set at 12A.

The encoders are almost certainly 2000 lines, so they give you 8000 counts/rev.

The default PID parameters (Kp = 1.0, Ki = 0.004, Kd = 3.0) should work okay. If there is more flicker in the DRO than you want to live with, then you could reduce those to maybe Kp=0.6 Ki=0.002 Kd=1.6.

If just the CPU board (i.e. Centroid CPU7P3) is dead, then you should still be able to boot into DOS and copy files out of the C:\CNC7 directory.

If the computer motherboard is dead, you may still be able to pull the hard drive out and connect it to another computer, and copy files out of its ?:\CNC7 directory.

But, if it comes to setting configuration and parameters from scratch, that is not very difficult with a basic knee mill.
NeilS
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Allin1 DC upgrde help

Post by NeilS »

Many thanks,

The disk controller on the CPU seems to have failed as it won't seem to mount the hard drive or the floppy correctly. I have managed to cross mount the drive and copy it so should be able to find the files.