Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901313
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Problems with Centroid_OAK_Mill_SpinBrake-r2.src <resolved>

Post by Houseman303 »

Hello, I have problems with the servo brake for the Z axis. Unfortunately, I've had several crashes with the Z axis because the brake didn't brake after the servo failed. I don't know how to rewrite the PLC file so that the brake is activated and deactivated by the servo. This servo output is made available to the controller.

If this is possible, I would also like to use this for my A axis.
centroid467
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: No

Re: Problems with Centroid_OAK_Mill_SpinBrake-r2.src

Post by centroid467 »

How do you have the brake wired? You can either control the Z brake from the drive itself or from Oak. We typically suggest controlling from Oak and the stock PLC program you are using supports it by default from OUT9 relay. The corresponding system schematic is S14773.

If, for some reason, you need to have it controlled by the servo drive itself then you would wire a relay to ASDA-B2 CN1 and follow section 6.6.4 of the ASDA-B2 manual for setup.

In either case, please post a current report from the control and pictures of the wiring so we can provide troubleshooting.
Houseman303
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by Houseman303 »

Screenshot_2023-11-28-06-11-16-13_ab7988c7b00b15bc78ec5a428c58236f.jpg
You have to assign the brake to output DO4 during setup. The connection cable from the servo to the Oak also has DO4 wiring. The Z axis brake is connected to Out9, as no. When you start Cnc12, Out9 becomes active immediately, but the Z servo is not yet switched on, so the axis moves down due to its heavy weight. No counterweight and pitch 10mm. If the emergency stop is activated via the virtual panel, the servos are switched off, but the brake is not clamped. It only works via the real emergency stop because I installed a safety relay between Out9 and the electric brake.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If you were to post a Report, then we would be able to see whether you have OUT9 forced on.
Houseman303

Post by Houseman303 »

report.zip
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-0324231447_2023-11-28_15-29-56.zip
(710.62 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
centroid467

Post by centroid467 »

I spoke to the PLC Wizard and we figured out that you are using the wrong PLC program. On Centroid_<BOARD>_Mill_SpinBrake PLC programs OUT9 is spindle brake rather than Z-axis brake. I suggest switching to Centroid_OAK_Mill_Standard PLC and bringing over any modifications you may have made.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

As its name suggests, the PLC program you have selected and installed has control for a spindle brake, not a Z axis servo brake.

Try installing a more standard PLC program, like Centroid_OAK_Mill_Standard-r10.src. That will have support for a Z axis servo brake release on OUT9.

Unfortunately, I do not know how you can access the PLC installer without reinstalling the CNC12 software (which would also replace your configuration and parameters files). Perhaps someone from Centroid can tell us how to run just the PLC installer.

On reflection, just running the PLC installer would still replace your configuration and parameters with default files. Back when the PLC installer was freestanding, you could browse through its mpuplcprograms directory tree and find the files you need; but that procedure has lots of pitfalls for a novice. Probably best to just do as centroid467 suggests, and re-enter all of your configuration and parameter changes after you reinstall CNC12 with the correct PLC program.
centroid467

Post by centroid467 »

You can find plcinstaller.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Centroid. The rightmost button on the bottom that says "Install and keep existing configuration" will not overwrite the machine configuration. This is the recommended method if no configuration changes are needed.

As an aside, you can do the same thing manually by navigating to the correct PLC program in C:\Program Files (x86)\Centroid\mpuplcprograms and manually copying over all of the files for the program that do not end in ".xml" to C:\cncm.
For instance, you would copy all of the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Centroid\mpuplcprograms\_Mill\_OAK\_Centroid_Standard\cncm to C:\cncm with the exception of cncm.prm.xml and cncmcfg.xml.
Houseman303

Post by Houseman303 »

Can someone tell me which input DO4 is for the Z axis so that I can program the clamping for the Z axis in the PLC?
Allin1Chris
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Allin1Chris »

Houseman303 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:08 am Can someone tell me which input DO4 is for the Z axis so that I can program the clamping for the Z axis in the PLC?
If your going to modify the PLC, any available output should work on the Oak board. Just would need to modify the PLC to support the logic you want for that Output.

I recommend Output 9 for the Z Axis Brake Release as that is typical for most Centroid Standard PLC's for Oak/ALLin1DC.

However, as the other's mentioned. There is a standard Centroid PLC that will do this for you without the need for you the edit the PLC your self. You will need to add the A-Axis Brake though.

Likewise, if you truly meant an Input on the OAK, a similar process described earlier, pick an unused Input on the Oak and modify the PLC. If you need it to be a voltage other than 24v, then i suggest picking a unused bank of 4 inputs to change the SIP resistor on for your desired voltage.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos