Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 10701
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

keeps saying limit is tripped but its not PLEASE HELP

Post by Everwelder »

hello i have a wells index horizontal mill that came with a centroid m400 controller on it its a 2007 machine and control the serial number on the control is 10701 i have yet to get this machine to steadily run ok for me but i am trying to work the bugs out. it has a centroid rt-250 4th axis table on it and i finally got the table working somewhat ok with cam software and i was cutting a part and all of a sudden the machine stopped and said error 407 z+ axis limit tripped its nowhere near the limit switch but i tried to wiggle the limit switch and restart and nothing. i can jog all of the axis except for the z+ it says limit switch tripped i even took a limit switch from another axis that was working fine and it still says the same thing so i do not think it is the switch. inside the cabinet where all the limit switch wires go into the board the light above this switch is not on and also now i can not make my spindle turn on at all not in automatic or manual the machine has a baldor h2 drive for the spindle and a 7.5 hp baldor vector motor. i am absolutely lost t on what to try and i don't know if there is a safety feature where if there is a limit switch tripped it wont let the spindle turn on? i even tried going in machine settings-motors-and changing the limit switch configuration to basically act like there is no limit switch there and i can get the axis to move both direction like that but spindle wont engage and i cant home machine i am going to include machine log in this post please someone help i am stuck and don't know what TO DO IM NOT SURE WHICH LOG IS RIGHT ONE SO I INCLUDED ALL OF THEM
Attachments
report.zip
(50.54 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
report.txt
(49.91 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
msg_cnt.txt
(1.99 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
msg_log.txt
(116.4 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
CNCMaryland
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA7CBF8b-103011290
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: keeps saying limit is tripped but its not PLEASE HELP

Post by CNCMaryland »

If the switch is not getting tripped, and you can verify that, I would be looking at your soft limits:

Axis Minus Plus Return Return Return Return
Limit Limit #1(G28) #2(G30) #3 #4
X -28.0000 2.0000 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000
Y 0.0000 14.7000 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000
Z -13.7500 0.0000 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000
B 0.0000 0.0000 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000
N 0.0000 0.0000 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000
dpascucci_support
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: No

Post by dpascucci_support »

You say you switched the z switch with the x switch, did you swap just the switches themselves, or the cable that connects them to the controller too? If it was just the switches and the problem stayed with the z axis, it seems like the cable might be the issue. Can you check continuity across the z limit cable?
Domenic

When requesting support READ THIS POST first.

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If the message is "407 ... limit tripped" then the problem relates to the hard-wired limit switches.

If the message were "907 ... travel exceeded", then it would relate to software travel limits or setups.

You are looking for a problem with the hard-wired limit switches.

First you should look at the PLC Diagnostic display. To show the PLC Diagnostic display, press Alt-i from the CNC10 main screen.

The PLC Diagnostic display shows four lines of red and green dots. The top line of dots shows the status of input INP1 - INP80. A closed input is green. An open input is red.

Your limit switches are INP1 - INP6 (the first six dots on the top line). Limit switches must be normally closed, so a switch that is not tripped should show green. A tripped limit switch will have a red dot.

If your Z+ limit switch, INP6, is red regardless of whether the limit switch is tripped or not, then you have a loose or broken wire somewhere.
CNCMaryland
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA7CBF8b-103011290

Post by CNCMaryland »

cncsnw wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:27 pm If the message is "407 ... limit tripped" then the problem relates to the hard-wired limit switches.

If the message were "907 ... travel exceeded", then it would relate to software travel limits or setups.

You are looking for a problem with the hard-wired limit switches.

First you should look at the PLC Diagnostic display. To show the PLC Diagnostic display, press Alt-i from the CNC10 main screen.

The PLC Diagnostic display shows four lines of red and green dots. The top line of dots shows the status of input INP1 - INP80. A closed input is green. An open input is red.

Your limit switches are INP1 - INP6 (the first six dots on the top line). Limit switches must be normally closed, so a switch that is not tripped should show green. A tripped limit switch will have a red dot.

If your Z+ limit switch, INP6, is red regardless of whether the limit switch is tripped or not, then you have a loose or broken wire somewhere.
Thank you for correcting me, this is good info. He should be able to sort this out.