Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: SN:20783
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Computer will not start reliably

Post by PlasmaCNC »

I have had recently a couple of times were my computer would not start on my Centroid equipped machine. It took several power cycles and in one instance just sitting with power on but no activity the computer eventually started. Looking at the schematics the drawing for the computer does not reference the insides of the computer as far as PC board type or power supply type. I’m hoping its simply a PC power supply that is failing and is hopefully a commodity design that I can simply buy a new one and install. If it’s the PC itself I’m hoping it to is not a novel design and that I can simply
replace it also if it’s a problem. The OS is on a SD card hard drive and is Linux.

Is it possible to get the details of the computer and power supply type for my machine?

The details of the machine, we have had the machine from new and never changed anything. The machine is ~ 15 years old and has been relatively trouble free tell recently. It’s made by Atrump Machinery Inc. It’s a model E216 / Maximill SN: 168. It has a Centroid controller M-series, CNC10 Version 2.32 DC310 SN:20783. The spindle controller is a Delta VFD-V.

Thanks,

- Ed
dpascucci_support
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Computer will not start reliably

Post by dpascucci_support »

Opening up the console and posting pictures of power supply and motherboard would help us in identifying the internals. The power supply is most likely an ATX or microATX.
Domenic

When requesting support READ THIS POST first.

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
dpascucci_support
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by dpascucci_support »

The first two steps in tech bulletin 272 will help you check if the power supply is bad.
Domenic

When requesting support READ THIS POST first.

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
centroid467

Post by centroid467 »

Link to TB272 if you are having trouble navigating to it: https://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppo ... ds/272.pdf