Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Hardinge CHNC4 Retrofit

Post by lavrgs »

I am trying to test the solenoids for the collet closer. I have tried using M10 M11 and I can hear some clicks but I am not convinced the solenoids are passing air. I would expect to hear air flow and I don't see any action on the collet closer. I'll start by checking some voltages but any advise is welcome. I have read that if the solenoids haven't been actuated in a while they may stick...
lavrgs
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Hickory CNC Controller: No

MPG1 Error on start

Post by lavrgs »

I've always been able to get around this - I would like to fix what is causing the error.

Where is the initial feedrate set? I always start with incremental selected and 1% - I want the default to be CONT and at least 10%. My homing is affected and I always have to change it.
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-0821233001_2024-03-02_11-05-33.zip
(863.86 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Centroid tech support will have to answer the question regarding "412 MPG1 encoder error" on startup, even when your WMPG-4 is correctly configured and turned on.

The initial feedrate override percentage on startup depends on whether you have a jog panel (which you apparently do not); and what options you have selected in Parameter 170. Try changing Parameter 170 to a value of 4. Or, if it were your intent to allow the keyboard jog shortcuts, then change Parameter 170 to a value of 5, and also change Parameter 148 to 0.

Your PLC program has the latest and greatest factory logic that sets the incremental/continuous and fast/slow jog mode based on the wireless MPG, if you have the wireless MPG turned on.

However, supposing that you have not yet turned on the wireless MPG and selected an axis, then the logic on line 1922 of your PLC program is what sets Incremental mode on initial powerup. If you moved the " || OnAtPowerUp_M" condition down to line 1924, then it would start up in Continuous mode.

BTW, your current PLC program source file is missing from your c:\cnct directory; and therefore is not incuded in your Report files. Did you install all of the PLC program update I sent you on January 30th? Or did you just copy over the mpu.plc file?
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

cncsnw wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:17 pm
BTW, your current PLC program source file is missing from your c:\cnct directory; and therefore is not incuded in your Report files. Did you install all of the PLC program update I sent you on January 30th? Or did you just copy over the mpu.plc file?
I just copied the files...I'll fix that and make the suggested Parameter changes.
I'm fighting air logic problems - not sure if my pressure switch is working; I don't get a green light for the low pressure signal
EDIT: Changing the parameters fixed the problem with feedrate.
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

No major updates - current focus is on the pneumatics. Fixing air leaks is a challenge; the turret solenoid for the air motor is blowing full air = I have not found the cause, but it is crippling the progress. It seems to be affecting the collet closer as it not getting enough air to satisfy the low pressure switch...or activate the closer. I will begin to isolate the pneumatic circuits to help troubleshooting.
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

Last week I had a long discussion with a Clippard rep about the solenoid used for the air motor and he agreed it was shot. I have a new one and completed the install. I am going through the collet closer circuit as well so I need to get that wrapped up before connecting air to see what else is leaking.
I tested my gauge that was topping out below 40 psi while in circuit and it seems fine; I need to free up some of the fittings that are pipe doped in and need some convincing to get out. I'll try some heat locally but one of the fittings is on the gauge and I'm not sure how sensitive to heat they are; plan is to use a big soldering iron to limit the area around the threads.
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

My pneumatic fixes; replacing the turret solenoid and the tubing for the components in the front cab, did not produce any exciting results...essentially limited change. I tried writing a turning program and it only got to the point of having the carriage go to the tool change position and stop... I will try running again with a different tool loaded to see if a tool change happens.I included the intercon file to see if there is some troubleshooting help...
the Intercon file could very well be incomplete...or just wrong = it is supposed to do an OD turn
Attachments
wbm test 1 in.lth
(526 Bytes) Downloaded 16 times
report_0008DC111213-0821233001_2024-03-15_10-35-39.zip
(900.53 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
lavrgs

Good News Bad Newws

Post by lavrgs »

I've been working on pneumatics and specifically a leak that was coming from the turret...so that's fixed but along the way something happened so I can not home, move the axes or turn on the spindle. I think I may have a timing issue with the turret but that shouldn't stop everything...right? It's gotta be something simple.
EDIT: A few magic buttons on the ALT I screen and I'm back into it...still a few items to fix like low pressure warning
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-0821233001_2024-03-30_13-39-17.zip
(885.88 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
glbreil
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by glbreil »

Great news to hear that the o-rings fixed your turret leak. Gary
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

Turret parts.JPG
Gary I may be looking at the air motor soon...I need to figure out if something I did mis-aligned the motor, since it does not start when the turret is raised. The manual stated I need to mark the position of the index shaft and outer race, which I did - when removing the seal plate (marked as Item D) to get the plate assembly (C) out I did rotate C relative to gears below it. After re-assembling I did need to line up the encoder again and my marks were rotated a few degrees CCW. but still aligned. This kind of info is probably better off on the other site....