Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Hardinge CHNC4 Retrofit

Post by lavrgs »

Our conversation gave me the understanding of FORCED VS. Inverted plus the PLC Update has my spindle working i.e. stopping as required. I still need to change P78 to 0.
Thanks
Bill
Allin1Chris
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Allin1Chris »

cncsnw wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:28 pm Here is a corrected Hardinge PLC program.
Thanks for pointing out the issues and providing a corrected PLC, it was indeed missing those critical pieces of logic. Should be corrected in future CNC12 V5.09+ when available.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos
lavrgs
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by lavrgs »

I have gotten all the limit switches working - I can trigger them manually . It appears that 3 of them will limit travel when they are approached but -X will go beyond and trip the contactor. I may be missing a setup parameter, but I wanted to determine if the other three are acting normally.
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-0821233001_2024-02-10_06-23-08.zip
(804.3 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Does INP15 turn red when you jog the X axis minus, far enough to trip the switch?

Sometimes the axis movement does not press the switch down far enough, but tripping it by hand does.

You can test this without risk of bending anything, by leaving E-stop pressed in and turning the ballscrew with a 3/16" hex wrench.
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

cncsnw wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:20 pm Does INP15 turn red when you jog the X axis minus, far enough to trip the switch? I'll check

Sometimes the axis movement does not press the switch down far enough, but tripping it by hand does.

You can test this without risk of bending anything, by leaving E-stop pressed in and turning the ballscrew with a 3/16" hex wrench.
I don't see change of state ...there are three external plungers, that are a bit odd, I may need to bend them to make sure they activate....
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

I manually moved the X axis and triggered +X and did the same for the -X but no change on IN15. I removed the outer two switches and was able to trigger -X IN15 but when I put everything back no go. I took out the plunger to inspect it and it seemed fine - It is difficult to see into the pocket where the switches are but it seemed like the plunger wasn't directly over the button so I took it out again and made sure it matched up. Once again I was able to trigger with the single switch in place but not with all the switches assembled...?
Still more work to do...
EDIT
Can the solid state switch be replaced by a mechanical NC switch? ...using only two wires and changing the inputs to accept NC?
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

I went through and made connections for the collet closer and turret...of coarse I was hoping everything would work, but the reality is that I have a lot of work to do to get the two items to work. As with most of my progress I have lots of questions;

How To get the turret to recognize what position it is in. EDIT I see there is a table in the retrofit manual that shows the status of the INPUT will provide position. Prior to having the ALLIN1DC I was able to make the turret spin and I expect that since I have the ALLIN1DC connected I should be able to actuate the solenoids. I did get the turret to lift
When my compressor is running I can't hear anything so I activated E-Stop and tried to activate solenoids - I forced the air pressure to be ok since I was getting a LOW AIR WARNING
I was able to run the flood pump and hear clicks when forcing the lube pump. I heard clicks from Collet close and open. No clicks from OUT17 -OUT18 (Carousel rotate and Carousel stop) but I got sounds from most of the other outputs ; some items only were numbered 21, 22, (maybe the ALLIN1DC?) part chute clicked 23&24 and Hydraulic pump clicked.
I could use some advice for a new quieter compressor - preferably 120vac - this would not be running multiple machines at the same time but would support an air hose. My understanding is that the CHNC 4 requires 90 psi but not sure of the required CFM but most the compressors I look at (120vac) are rated at around 6scfm at 90PSI
Some general notes about parameters changed and errors
P6 ATC 0>>1
P18 o>>50771
P164 0>>1.0
ERRORS
9108 TOOL CHANGE FAULT
412 MPG1 ENCODER ERROR

M10 >9107 COLLET CLOSE FAULT
ATC
SELECT TOOL 1 >>LOW AIR FAULT
Attachments
FEB12 .png
report_0008DC111213-0821233001_2024-02-12_16-19-24.zip
(976.04 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

Is there a built in function for rotating the turret/select tool? I can force the turret to spin by forcing OUT17 and I can see the status of the encoders change IN 19-22 I see a truth table in the the old manual for upgrading a Hardinge lathe - it used different INPUTS for the positions how do I interpolate to the updated ALLIN1DC inputs?
EDIT; I was able to enable the ATC function and control the turret - My sh*tty compressor is the limiting factor 8-(
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

I just started having spindle issues; speed is fluctuating and will go into fault. I was trying to calibrate the spindle prior to this trouble. I have a Hitatchi SJ-100 and was changing parameter A04...
I had been making good progress on all the items I had just hooked up : Collet closer seems to work, Turret seems to work, parts chute seems to work. I started by forcing OUTPUTS but was successful using M codes. One question what is the code to actuate spindle lock?
UPDATE: I changed the VFD to run from the front panel to make sure that it was operating properly and it is. I was starting to wonder if the VFD was failing...
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-0821233001_2024-02-14_15-04-23.zip
(828.51 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

I question about Homing; My current situation is that my -X limit switch is not being triggered, however I believe that for a Lathe Home will be defined by +X. Both+ and - Z limits are working. Can I home the machine with the current deficiency? Can Allin1dc have soft limits set up? What I'm looking for is a temporary work-around.