Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Hardinge CHNC4 Retrofit

Post by centroid467 »

lavrgs wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:05 am Did Centroid provide the 30 conductor cable (Cable A) as part of their Hardinge retrofit? I believe it's Belden 9432(?) I wanted to get a piece with the same wire colors but have not found a source.
Control Cable A seems to be included in P/N 10527 which is the cabinet assembly for Hardinge retrofits. The cable used most recently is P/N 3458 which is WEICO 7630. I am not sure if we used the Belden before the WEICO and I have not found any drawings for the cable itself. The WEICO colors match the colors in the schematics.
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC12: Yes

Post by tblough »

Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
lavrgs
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by lavrgs »

centroid467 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:38 am
lavrgs wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:05 am Did Centroid provide the 30 conductor cable (Cable A) as part of their Hardinge retrofit? I believe it's Belden 9432(?) I wanted to get a piece with the same wire colors but have not found a source.
Control Cable A seems to be included in P/N 10527 which is the cabinet assembly for Hardinge retrofits. The cable used most recently is P/N 3458 which is WEICO 7630. I am not sure if we used the Belden before the WEICO and I have not found any drawings for the cable itself. The WEICO colors match the colors in the schematics.
Does Centroid have the WEICO cable for sale? I made the wrong assumption with the Belden version -it was the only 30 conductor 22ga wire I found - it does not match the colors I need. I will keep an eye out for a short section of the WEICO version
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

lavrgs wrote:My other issue is controlling the speed of the spindle - it will run when I change state of Output 7 ( SpindleEnableOut_O) to Red (off). When the spindle runs I am unable to change the speed.
Do you mean to say that the spindle runs when you force OUT7 OFF? But does not run when OUT7 is just off because that is its default state until you do something to start the spindle?

Forcing OUT7 on or off from the PLC Diagnostic screen is not a good way to test whether the spindle will run.

In order for the spindle to be run, you need to have OUT7 on (green), and you need to have a non-zero analog speed command. If you just force OUT7 on using the PLC Diagnostic screen, then there will be no corresponding analog speed command. You need to turn OUT7 on by using one of the many provided methods. For example, switching to manual spindle control (spindle auto/man button off) and then pressing the spindle start key (green button in the spindle-control section); or switching to auto spindle control (spindle auto/man button on), entering something like "M3 S600" at the F3/MDI prompt; and pressing Cycle Start.

If OUT7 does not change to green when you do either of those things (and you have not inadvertently left OUT7 forced off, i.e. with an underline), then there is some reason the PLC is refusing to start the spindle. Look for related messages in the message window on the screen. A tripped limit switch will prevent the spindle from running. A Hardinge PLC program might also prevent the spindle from running if it thinks that the spindle lockpin is engaged.
centroid467
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC12: No

Post by centroid467 »

lavrgs wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:42 pm
centroid467 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:38 am
Does Centroid have the WEICO cable for sale? I made the wrong assumption with the Belden version -it was the only 30 conductor 22ga wire I found - it does not match the colors I need. I will keep an eye out for a short section of the WEICO version
There is a sale price listed so I would suggest reaching out to Centroid DIY Sales and asking for PN 3458.
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

cncsnw wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:46 pm
lavrgs wrote:My other issue is controlling the speed of the spindle - it will run when I change state of Output 7 ( SpindleEnableOut_O) to Red (off). When the spindle runs I am unable to change the speed.
Do you mean to say that the spindle runs when you force OUT7 OFF? NO I mis-spoke The spindle runs by default and I force OUT7 OFF so it won't run when I am doing other checks But does not run when OUT7 is just off because that is its default state until you do something to start the spindle?

Forcing OUT7 on or off from the PLC Diagnostic screen is not a good way to test whether the spindle will run.

In order for the spindle to be run, you need to have OUT7 on (green), and you need to have a non-zero analog speed command. If you just force OUT7 on using the PLC Diagnostic screen, then there will be no corresponding analog speed command. You need to turn OUT7 on by using one of the many provided methods. For example, switching to manual spindle control (spindle auto/man button off) and then pressing the spindle start key (green button in the spindle-control section); or switching to auto spindle control (spindle auto/man button on), entering something like "M3 S600" at the F3/MDI prompt; and pressing Cycle Start.

If OUT7 does not change to green when you do either of those things (and you have not inadvertently left OUT7 forced off, i.e. with an underline), then there is some reason the PLC is refusing to start the spindle. Look for related messages in the message window on the screen. A tripped limit switch will prevent the spindle from running. A Hardinge PLC program might also prevent the spindle from running if it thinks that the spindle lockpin is engaged.
I have one item on the VFD I need to check/change - I saw a schematic that used a Hitachi SJ-100 which showed the alarm as NO and mine was wired NC - A1 vs A2. Maybe it's a simple as that. I was getting a spindle fault, when I un-defeated limit switches. I am having limit switch issues - I expected that defeating them would get them out of the picture. I will go over the wires connecting the VFD to ensure they are going to the right place. The problem I need to resolve is having the ALLIN1DC Control spindle speed
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If the VFD gets a run command when OUT7 is on/closed/green; and does not get a run signal when OUT7 is off/open/red, then there is a reasonable chance the wiring is okay.

If OUT7 is on/green "by default" when you power up the control and release E-stop, then something else is seriously amiss.

The problem appears to be in your PLC program. Somehow, the usual logic that sets "SpinStop_M" in response to the various types of spindle-stop commands (jog panel, keyboard, VCP, etc.) has gone missing. As a result, once you start the spindle, there is no way to stop it.
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

I had missing VCP jog functions a while back...Mark You are correct about not being able to stop - I wonder if my X limit switch problems are PLC related. I tested all the switches today and they work - I see a voltage change - but I only get a message when -X trips
As mentioned I have never messed with the PLC code so fixing it won't happen without a lot of study. I have a Centroid manual on PLC programming....9-)
I have fixed the situation where the spindle would just run on start up...I changed the wiring for the alarm on the VFD. I changed a couple VFD parameters; I've used A02 to be able to run the spindle from the VFD and I noticed A01 was set to "pot" so I changed it to" terminal". There were some handwritten notes in the Hitachi start guide that I checked and changed parameters if they were not set per those notes. I changed the OUT7 back to green no bar along with Inverter OK. I can stop the spindle by going from Manual to Auto. I don't see the spindle speed on the DRO.

UPDATE I checked using MDI M3 s1000 will satrt the spindle M5 will not stop the spindle
MORE UPDATEs When I use MDI to start the spindle I can not stop it
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Comparing the Centroid_ALLIN1DC_Lathe_Standard-r7.src and Centroid_ALLIN1DC_Lathe_Hardinge-r5.src files from the latest installer, with WinMerge, shows that:
1) The block that controls "SpinStop_M", ca. line 2235 of the former, is missing from ca. line 2278 of the latter.
2) The line that sets SV_PLC_SPINDLE_SPEED on line 2406 of the former, is missing from ca. line 2449 of the latter
(though that probably won't affect anything, as long as you set P78 to use the encoder for spindle speed display).
3) The line that controls "InverterResetOut_O", ca. line 2862 of the former, is missing from ca. line 2890 of the latter.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Here is a corrected Hardinge PLC program.
Attachments
report_PLCUpdate_Allin1DC_Hardinge-r6_240130.zip
(104.56 KiB) Downloaded 23 times