CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Hardinge CHNC4 Retrofit

Post by lavrgs »

Is there a manual than goes into setting up the PLCADD1616
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

1) Plug in the gray communication cable from H17 "PLC #1" on the Allin1DC, to H3 on the PLCADD1616
2) Either move the 5V select jumper on the PLCADD1616 to the "from H3" position, or wire +5V and 0V to header H6.
3) Set Machine Parameter 900 to a value of 1 (assuming you are installing just one PLCADD1616 board).

If you choose to supply 5VDC by wiring to H6, you can either use the 5V output of the additional supply that Centroid sent you, or you can use the 5V output of the same RQ-65D supply that provides logic power to the Allin1DC.

There is no need for the +12V and -12V outputs on the additional supply that Centroid sent you. They only use triple-output supply so that they don't have to stock as many different power supplies.

In my experience, if you are using just one PLCADD1616 board, then it works just fine with its 5V supplied through the communication cable. I only wire external logic power when there is more than one board.
lavrgs
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes

Post by lavrgs »

cncsnw wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:48 am 1) Plug in the gray communication cable from H17 "PLC #1" on the Allin1DC, to H3 on the PLCADD1616
2) Either move the 5V select jumper on the PLCADD1616 to the "from H3" position, or wire +5V and 0V to header H6.
3) Set Machine Parameter 900 to a value of 1 (assuming you are installing just one PLCADD1616 board).

If you choose to supply 5VDC by wiring to H6, you can either use the 5V output of the additional supply that Centroid sent you, or you can use the 5V output of the same RQ-65D supply that provides logic power to the Allin1DC.

There is no need for the +12V and -12V outputs on the additional supply that Centroid sent you. They only use triple-output supply so that they don't have to stock as many different power supplies.

In my experience, if you are using just one PLCADD1616 board, then it works just fine with its 5V supplied through the communication cable. I only wire external logic power when there is more than one board.
OK Thanks Simple enough. I switched the jumper.
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

I'm trying to setup my ALLIN1DC and realized that watching Marty's ALLIN1DC setup video does not apply, not just because it's for a mill but more importantly the items under ALT I do not apply for me. EX he actives 1-11 but for me they are labelled as different items; 11-14 are my limit switches. My goal is to run the spindle bench test but I am not able to home my machine and haven't found the right settings. I can't jog all axes and pressing cycle start gives me 412 errors on Z and X for encoder differential errors
screen1.JPG
I have not received my license file since I need to return my plc card - it's on its way back to Centroid . I received a demo code from the folks I bought my Allin1dc from but it only had the FREE version and so I can't use my wireless jog wheel... makes set up really confusing.
After being an Acorn user, I'm finding the lack of a wizard interesting...9-)
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-0821233001_2023-09-23_12-18-42.zip
(630.92 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Do you have the encoders connected yet?

If you do not have encoders connected, then you will not be able to jog axes.

If you do not have encoders connected, and you want to run a program cycle (e.g. the spindle bench test) anyway, then you will have to disable stall detection. You can do that by pressing Ctrl-V while on the PID Configuration screen (F1/Setup -> F3/Config -> "137" -> F4/PID).

You do not need to invert INP1 - INP6. You *do* need to defeat INP1 - INP4 using the limit-defeater DIP switches on the edge of the Allin1DC. I would go ahead and turn on the defeater DIP switches for INP5 and INP6 as well, just so the Allin1DC unit does not show a flashing "4." on LED1.

You do not need to blindly invert INP7 - INP11 either. The only reason some instructions say to invert all of INP1 - INP11, is so they can keep the instructions stupid simple, and not go into any reasons for why you are doing what you are doing.

The point is to avoid any "407 ... limit tripped" errors due to open limit circuits, and to avoid any "lube fault", "spindle fault", or "emergency stop detected" conditions due to not having a lube system, spindle drive, or E-stop button connected.

In your case, you do need to invert INP13 - INP16, because you have designated those to be your limit switches. Since you will be using normally-open limit switches, those inputs will always need to be inverted.

You will also need to invert INP10 if you do not have your spindle drive (VFD) connected yet; and you will need to invert INP11 if you do not have your emergency stop button connected yet. If you are going to try to run the spindle bench test, then you will probably need to invert INP28, so the PLC thinks that the collet is closed when you try to start the spindle running.
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

I didn't have any luck with the bench test. I did reinstall CNC12 and reset the items listed above. I decided to test the encoders so I moved out to the shop. By manually moving the axes X is working but Z is mis-wired. I moved the Z axis 0.020 and the readout said I moved about 0.003. Same problem if I switch X and Z. Today I will trace wires to ensure proper connection. I'll map them out to the DB9 connections. I used a 9 pin Molex connector and some of the black wires were mismatched
I reviewed all parameters and they seem to be correct, although I made some simple changes.
Testing the spindle encoder/wiring will be the next challenge...I used the same style connector so I will have to re-check. Where do I see the encoder feedback? Any debug suggestions are welcomed.
tblough
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Encoder feedback is on the PID screen - F1 Setup/F3 Config/F4 PID Abs Pos will show the encoder counts and the DQOA column will show any encoder error conditions.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

OK Thanks Tom
I fixed the wiring for the Z axis encoder I spun the spindle by hand and the number count changed so I seems that wiring is correct - I have the spindle encoder plugged into Input 6 however there is still an N in the first column....some more reading will begin shortly 9-)
centroid467
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC12: No

Post by centroid467 »

lavrgs wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:52 am OK Thanks Tom
I fixed the wiring for the Z axis encoder I spun the spindle by hand and the number count changed so I seems that wiring is correct - I have the spindle encoder plugged into Input 6 however there is still an N in the first column....some more reading will begin shortly 9-)
Take a look at the Lathe Manual, bottom of page 272. Parameters 35 and 313 should both be set to 6. If I remember correctly, you can leave the N as the axis name.
lavrgs

Post by lavrgs »

How do I activate my wireless mpg? I received what is considered a DEMO license from Centroid, however the MPG doesn't show up as a USB device. I hear a chime from windows when plugging and unplugging THE DONGLE, but do not get any notification that a new device has been attached.
I included a report file which, I was told, says I have DEMO software but when looking at the license installed I only see DEMO under ATC Today I messed with parameters and got to take a step backward: I can not zero the DRO and have it tell me I moved the axes. I do see steps in the PID window. Sounds like making a REPORT before changes would have been a good idea... 8-)
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-09-26 175631.png