CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

CNC12-D Mill v4.18 to v5.4

Post by pascalken »

Hi,

we have a working machine with centroid OAK running CNC12-D Mill v4.18 but some details need to be sorted which I believe are solved in v5.
In particular regarding the MPG

Can we upgrade to v5 and what needs to be done to the PLC?
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-0225211105_2023-08-17_08-56-10.zip
(4.36 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
cncsnw

Re: CNC12-D Mill v4.18 to v5.4

Post by cncsnw »

You should be able to install v5.0x as an update to v4.18. Generally, when updating, you should choose not to install a new PLC program, because doing so will also install new configuration and parameter files. In an update, you usually want to keep your configuration and parameter files.

There is no need to change your PLC program, unless you need PLC-controlled features to work differently. If you are having issues with a wireless MPG, then you might benefit from adopting a newer PLC program. What issues are you having, that you hope to see changed or fixd?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Since your PLC program appears to have been customized for your machine by the installer, you would need to merge in only the desired changes from a new factory PLC program, into your custom PLC program.
pascalken
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by pascalken »

The issue we have is with the wired mpg.
I have set the machine real slow and also set acceleration low for XYZ movements to keep tolerances small. The speed is limited to the maximum allowed speed while milling for all movements.
The problem is that some operators turn so fast on the Z axis dial of the MPG in the 100x position so that the thereby requested position is out of range hitting the limit switches (triggering the emergency stop) or worse hitting the work piece.
I mean to have read that version 5 does not allow the 100x setting for the Z axis.
Allin1Chris
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Allin1Chris »

pascalken

You can update the V5.XX, however the "Z-Lockout" Feature for the MPG requires PLC updates. As cncsnw already mentioned you could update your PLC program.

You do not necessarily need to update the software for this feature (since it relies all on PLC). You could make changes to your PLC on the Multipliers under the MPGStage.

Code: Select all

;                   Select MPG 1 Multiplier
IF (MPG_Inc_X_100_I) THEN SV_MPG_1_MULTIPLIER = 100
IF (MPG_Inc_X_10_I) THEN  SV_MPG_1_MULTIPLIER = 10
IF (MPG_Inc_X_1_I) THEN   SV_MPG_1_MULTIPLIER = 1
If you adjust the logic here to prevent Multiplier = 100 (and force it to = 10 or = 1) would achieve similar results if that is what your going for.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos