Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Machine won't set home after a power outtage

Post by OrrCustoms »

Centroid All in On DC controller on Supermax YCM-40.
My shop lost power last night due to storms. My mill won't set home position. I can move all the servos with the controller, but it will not set home so I can run a program. It just says Machine home not set".🤷‍♂️. Any ideas?
cncsnw

Re: Machine won't set home after a power outtage

Post by cncsnw »

When you press the Cycle Start key to home the machine, it is likely that one of two things will happen.
1) It will run the homing program, find and set home on all three axes, and finish successfully.
2) It will try to run the homing program, encounter an error or fault condition, and stop before it has homed all (or any) axes.

In the latter case, there will be one or more messages in the message box, in the upper right section of the screen, telling you why it failed. You need to read those messages.

If you are not sure what they mean, you could post a Report from the machine here, along with your best effort at describing what happened (e.g. Did the Z axis move? Did the X axis move? Did the Y axis move? Did the Emergency Stop contactor click in when you released the emergency stop button?).

The Report file that you post here will include a copy of all of the error and fault messages that appeared in the message window; as well as your configuration menu settings and your homing program. That will make it a lot easier for others to offer meaningful advice.
OrrCustoms
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Machine won't set home after a power outtage

Post by OrrCustoms »

It actually completely reset the machine to demo mode. I had to enter in all my unlocks again and it started working.