Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Ajax DM-45 w/all in one computer dead

Post by cnckeith »

download and purchase the upgrade to cnc12 here.
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... loads.html
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
jcsb
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 929110276
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by jcsb »

I've kept it up to date.
John
jcsb

Post by jcsb »

Well after installing the new computer (Lenovo ThinkCentre M700) and following the set up instructions, it appears to have an issue. First and foremost when I start the system up the servos don't energize. I get a spindle fault which I guess is part of the system not energizing. The VFD shows no problems, nothing on the all-in-one board (no errors), and that's it no servos or spindle. I've attached the report.
John
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-0929110276_2023-05-29_16-48-27.zip
(3.72 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If you are getting a spindle drive fault (e.g. "9028 SPINDLE FAULT!"), then it is likely that your spindle drive fault input is open.

The spindle drive fault input is INP10. It must be closed in order to clear the faults and enable servos, spindle, etc..

Use the Alt-i PLC Diagnostic screen. Is INP10 green, or red?

If you have a VFD that is connected and powered up, and it is showing no faults, but INP10 is red, then you need to look at the wiring: to what terminal on the VFD is the wire to INP10 connected?
jcsb

Post by jcsb »

Thanks for the quick reply. I will check that tomorrow morning. I will say that none of the wiring has changed. I only replaced the computer. Would something other than a physical wire or connection be considered too? Either some part of the PLC or parameter settings?
John
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Are your PLC program and parameter settings all exactly the same as they were when it was last running without error?

Or did you perhaps install an updated PLC program, which might take a different approach to inverting a normally-open spindle drive fault signal?
jcsb

Post by jcsb »

Well as the old song goes: I'm back in the saddle again. The basic fix was so easy I overlooked it. I have a DC1 single axis to drive my rotary table. When I replaced the computer with the Lenovo (which doesn't have the ability to add another drive) I lost my 5v supply to the DC1. Interesting I never got an error message for that, but I did for other stuff. I reinstalled CNC 11 and placed everything back to how it was before the old computer died. But still problems. Staring at the All-in-1 I realized that the DC1 didn't have a 5v power source to DC1. So I bought a 5v regulated power supply and just finished hooking it up and bob's your uncle. On the positive side I learned the PLC programming and how to investigate errors. So thanks to all that helped!
John