Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901221
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

new user

Post by kabover »

Good morning. Just registered and this is my first question, also first post 8-) . Allin1dc system, fully wired with m400 console, 3 axis mill with 4th axis rotary. The question is concerning the spindle brake relay output, output 9 on H6 terminal strip. Currently it de-energizes any time you enter MDI or start program. It energizes at the first M06 tool change but then does not de-energize at spindle start again. It does not do anything on a manual motor start or stop. The question is without learning how to program the PLC, which I do not want to do (that is why I bought this setup fully wired) how does one get the PLC reprogramed to work the way I want it to? Thanks for your help.

kabover
cncsnw

Re: Allin1DC spindle brake control

Post by cncsnw »

In a typical PLC program, OUT9 is used for a Z axis servo brake release; not for a spindle brake.

Perhaps you are using an alternate PLC program that includes some type of spindle brake control on OUT9. Perhaps not.

Make a Report from your system (F7/Utility -> F7/Report), then attach the resulting report_*.zip file to a post here (use "Full Editor & Preview" to get to the screen where you can attach files. Then we will be able to see what PLC program you are running, and what, if any, spindle brake logic it has in it.
kabover
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Re: new user

Post by kabover »

deleted
Last edited by kabover on Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kabover

Post by kabover »

Attached is the Zipped report.
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-1223222882_2023-04-29_14-51-52.zip
(4.33 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Your current PLC program has standard Z axis servo brake-release logic on OUT9.

If you want to use OUT9 to control a spindle brake instead, then the PLC program will need to be changed.

This is usually a fairly simple change, but it does require that you know what you want to do.

Does your machine require power to the solenoid to apply the brake, or power to the solenoid to release the brake?

Does your machine have a variable frequency drive (VFD, inverter) powering the spindle motor? Or does it just have reversing contactors to switch 3-phase power to the spindle motor?

If it has a VFD, and if the VFD is configured to actively decelerate the motor to a stop (usually using a connected braking resistor), then that needs to be considered in the brake-control logic. If you just have contactors, then the brake can simply be applied as soon as the contactors are turned off.
kabover

Post by kabover »

Power applies brake. Reversing contactors. I have wired available NO contact on both contactors in parallel along with unused light contact to get to work. This allows for turning brake off for installing tooling or indicating work. I do not have any interest in learning how to program this PLC :D . Thanks for the reply.

kabover
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If the N.O. contacts on your forward/reverse contactors, in parallel, are doing the job then I would infer that power releases the brake.

But no matter. If you got it working to your satisfaction, then there is no need to pursue it further.
kabover

Post by kabover »

My mistake, power removes brake. I stand corrected.

kabover
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

and for future tech support requests, photos go a long way in helping us understand the machine your are working on. we always suggest creating an online photo album of your project so we can see what you see. helps out a lot. :D
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html