Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901038
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Milltronics Partner 1E Allin1DC conversion

Post by S-K Machine »

I left mine wired into the contactor the way milltronics had it setup. When the estop hits it kills power to the servos and power to the z brake.
The brake needs power to unlock, no power should be locked. I am also counterweighted so the brake really just helps overnight creep.
Maybe there is a timer that can be adjusted in the allin1 for output #9. I am not sure as I do not use it.
I would ask keith or marc cncsnw
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If the head is not balanced, then you need to have the brake release controlled through the PLC.

If you just release the brake when the emergency stop contactor closes, then the head will creep down between the time that you release the emergency stop, and the time you press Cycle Start or press a Z axis jog key. Centroid only enables the servo and begins holding position when you begin a program cycle (Cycle Start, or F3/MDI) or when you jog the axis.

On the other end, when you press emergency stop or power down, there is no provision for making the servo drive continue to control the motor for some length of time, while waiting for the brake to be reapplied. The brake-release output will be turned off at the same time that the servo drive is disabled.

Not applicable here, but if you were to use Yaskawa Sigma V or newer servo drives and motors instead, and if you did not use their CN8 safety inhibits, then there would be a parameter in the drive that you could use to make the drive remain enabled and holding position, for some short time after the CNC control has removed the enable signal. That is not an option with the Allin1DC unit.
dlenardu
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by dlenardu »

So there is no solution for the Z head dropping with an Estop? I wonder what Milltronics did to prevent this? Who knows, maybe it always did and I just didn't know it. Never really had to hit the estop
converterking

Post by converterking »

What voltage does the brake require for release? Are you using the same transformer that Milltronics used for the release?
dlenardu
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by dlenardu »

The brake uses a 90vdc circuit. I am running 110v ac that powers the rectifier through the Allin1