Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: CNC12-m39-104028
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Yaskawa, Xaxis encoder error rate high "X-axis position error"

Post by rjtechserv »

I can connect to SigmaWin5 just to be safe I only set the parameters from the Centroid TechB. Then tested the inertia load and tweaked the loop/gain down to 40 to get the servo quiet.

From my first post I started comparing the other parameters Z working fine to the X position failing and I do see some parameters that are different. So I'll look into those as well and hopefully understand them.

Also like your last suggestion; I can move the Z that works to another axis port and see if those ports are working if nothing is found in the servopack settings.

Thanks for the input and thoughts!
Rob Jackson

RJ Technical Services
rjtechserv
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Post by rjtechserv »

Now that I have this. Because reference pulse counter differed from fb pulse counter. What could I infer from this?

cncsnw wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:17 pm Can you connect to the Yaskawa drive with SigmaWin, and check what the position error amount is? I.e., what does the Yaskawa drive think the difference is between the commanded position (based on the pulses in) and the actual motor position (reflected in encoder counts out)?

Usually, a properly performing drive will move as needed to bring the error to zero counts. However, it is conceivable that yours is not performing properly, to the point where it never drives the error to zero. If so, then it would "know" it was off position; it just wouldn't do anything about it.
Attachments
16784058568608752918863325700820.jpg
Rob Jackson

RJ Technical Services
rjtechserv

Post by rjtechserv »

Me jogging the axis plus to minus and watching it settle.
Attachments
20230309_190525.mp4
(8.3 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
Rob Jackson

RJ Technical Services
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

I am not sure whether "Reference Pulse Counter" and "FB Pulse Counter" are counting in the same units. I would not be surprised if they are counting from a different zero point.

Use Slow, Incremental jog mode on the x10 increment, and jog the axis one increment at a time (using the yellow jog buttons, not the MPG handwheel). Assuming that the "Error" value displayed on the PID Configuration screen does not change, by how much do "Reference Pulse Counter" and "FB Pulse Counter" change, respectively, for each increment that you jog? How does that compare to the change in encoder "Abs Pos" on the Centroid PID screen? My guess is that the internal reference pulses are based on the servo motor's native encoder resolution (maybe 65536 counts per revolution), before it is divided down by Pn201.

I assume that "Deviation Counter" is the amount that the drive thinks it is off position.
rjtechserv

Post by rjtechserv »

I agree the deviation counter is the error count and that does work to ZERO when motion stops. So that looks normal.

I'm thinking it has to be the OAK. I tried all 4 axis channels and axis port 1 is the only one that will drive the servo error on the Oak back to zero.

I swapped the X servo pack to the Zaxis(1) and the Z servo pack to the Xaxis(2) and the Xservo pack worked fine the problem went to the Z servo pack.

So, I'm think only the Axis1 port is working properly. Unless something is corrupt in the other axis settings that I hadn't seen. I'll attach the report from tonight.
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-1216221425_2023-03-09_20-19-49.zip
(486.77 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Rob Jackson

RJ Technical Services
Centroid188
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid188 »

This most likely needs run in Velocity mode. Precision / Position mode into the Sigma II's has speed limits. Based on the older processors not being able to accept the quadrature in fast enough per min.
rjtechserv

Post by rjtechserv »

Thanks Scott, From your email I'll try to apply the TB108 values! We'll see if that works.

Rob
Rob Jackson

RJ Technical Services