CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

no encoder communication on x-axis

Post by riener »

Hello everbody,
I have a Problem on my ongoing project to retrofit a hurco bmc 40 with lichuan ac Servos. I get no Abs Pos. Change when rotating the servo on the x axis. I ruled out any defect from the driver or the cable, cause when the wires of the axis are switched, the problem remains on the first axis. I also tried to skip the first axis and connect y,z, a connector and then I get a feedback back. Hope somebody could help me to finally finish the retrofit, or at least get the main functions running, I also have to add the umbrella toolchanger to integrate in the system, but thats a task for another day
Attachments
report_1114190880_2023-03-04_11-27-36.zip
(4.58 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
cncsnw

Re: no encoder communication on x-axis

Post by cncsnw »

If you can make it work correctly by shifting your axis plugs on the Oak, and adjusting Parameters 300-303 and 308-311 to match, then you have a faulty or damaged encoder input in the Oak hardware.
riener
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes

Post by riener »

Okay thanks, that was the answer i was scared of, cause i started my project in 2019 my warrenty is already expired. For now i can help by using axis 2-4 as xyz axis, but later i want to Integrate a a axis also. Could i ouse the encoderinputs 5 or 6 for that, so i wire the axis like the other only the 6 encoderinputs would not be wired to the axis connector and instead to the encoderport
riener

Post by riener »

I have edited the parameters that now axis 2-4 are used as x y z axis, but now the Problem is that as soon as i press the x axis on the virtualisierung controlboard it instantly gives out error 9025. I have switched the x and the y axis Header on the oakboard, but the problems stand on the x axis, so the Problem mußte come from the oak and not from the drives. When i turn them manuelle, i get a smooth encoderfeedback on All three axis
Attachments
20230305_163936.jpg
riener

Post by riener »

Thats the parameters i switched
Attachments
20230305_163915.jpg
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Your PLC program will need some minor edits to tell it to look for the status of axis #1 on header #2, and so on.

In the vicinity of line 2933, look for this block:

Code: Select all

IF True_M THEN WTB SV_DRIVE_STATUS_1 Axis1StatusBit0_M 16,
             WTB SV_DRIVE_STATUS_2 Axis2StatusBit0_M 16,
             WTB SV_DRIVE_STATUS_3 Axis3StatusBit0_M 16,
             WTB SV_DRIVE_STATUS_4 Axis4StatusBit0_M 16,
             WTB SV_DRIVE_STATUS_5 Axis5StatusBit0_M 16
Edit it so that it reads instead:

Code: Select all

IF True_M THEN WTB SV_DRIVE_STATUS_2 Axis1StatusBit0_M 16,
             WTB SV_DRIVE_STATUS_3 Axis2StatusBit0_M 16,
             WTB SV_DRIVE_STATUS_4 Axis3StatusBit0_M 16,
             WTB SV_DRIVE_STATUS_5 Axis4StatusBit0_M 16
Save changes, recompile to mpu.plc, and cycle the control power.
riener

Post by riener »

Hello, today i had time to work on my hurco again. I wanted to try to use one of the two encoder Inputs, so that i can use the Standard Configuration and also have the possibility to Upgrade my cnc with a 4th axis without buying an additional output for the oak. So i switched parameter 308 to 6, i already put parameter 35 to 0) and After a restart, i can turn the x axis motor and receive a feedback, to the right right it geht's les, to the left it gets higher, just like the other two axis. If i now try to start the mdi i get the error 455, encoder Quadrate error,.when i disable Stall detection i get a pid out of -4 on the x axis without pushing a Button on the Controller panel, the motor stand still. If i push x+ He starts Spannung. I know i can adjust the offset of the drive directory in the servodrive, so that the motor stand if pid 0, but pid in onky 0, if i push x+, as you can see in the Video
riener

Post by riener »

cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

According to the latest report you posted, you are running in analog velocity mode, and your PID gains on the X axis are all zero. All you appear to have set is the kV1 feed-forward gain.

I am surprised that, with those setups, you get a non-zero PID output while not actively moving.

Have you perhaps made changes to your Kp, Ki, Kd, and maybe Kg values that you have not shared with us?
riener

Post by riener »

Hello, After a few restarts, the x axis now works properly.
I could now Set All homeswitches on my cnc, but one Problem remains. On the y axis i get the error 412 and sometimes also 455 a e stoppen doesn't clean the Problem, so i disabled Stall detection start mdi and aktivated Stall detection again. Now i can manually drive with the y axis i don't get the error, obly when i drive with a cerrtain speed, i already switched the y and z axis to see, where the Problem Codes and it remains on the axis Port, so it can't be thanks to Bad wiring or a bed encoder. Can it be that the encoder Inputs on the y axis is also damaged like the one on the x axis, but not as bad so that with lesser speeds it also works