Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Delta /Automation Direct VFD with Centroid Oak

Post by jrs90 »

I'm currently in the process of trying to pick out a VFD for my Thermwood router retrofit.. I've gotten the delta/sureservos to work with the oak board but now I am in search of a VFD to work for my belt drive spindle. I'm using a rebuilt pope 30 taper spindle with a Baldor 7.5HP 3 phase 3500 RPM motor..

I have been looking at the Delta MS300 VFD's and Automation Direct GS20 VFD. I'm pretty open to other VFD's, I mainly have been looking at these because they're pretty reasonably priced new. Has anyone used these successfully with the oak boards?

I was leaning towards the Delta's because I have found them in stock and the automation direct products all show backordered.. My other big issue is that I only have single phase input so I have to de-rate the VFD. I was looking at 11KW models for both, the automation direct shows it can be ran with single phase input but I have not been able to find any info on the Delta MS300 being able to be de-rated and ran on single phase. Anyone have any input? They look like almost identical drives I just hate to purchase the Delta and have it not be able to work with single phase input.

Any info is appreciated!

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/sh ... /gs23-2015

https://deltaacdrives.com/delta-ms300-vfd49ams23ansaa/
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Delta /Automation Direct VFD with Centroid Oak

Post by martyscncgarage »

Can't go wrong with Delta, Yaskawa, Automation Direct GS series.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ