Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901226
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Brand New M400 (M15 Upgrade) on Vectrax

Post by NicksGarage »

We received a crate monday (02/06/2023) with the M15 Upgrade, its an ALLIN1DC with M400 console. I have plugged in all the wires from the ALLIN1 to the Console. All the Encoders and Motors are wired in too. When I power it up from the original Mag Box (turn the switch), I can see/hear the ALLIN1 power up, and the M400 (NUC) powers up, fans are running too. The Display flashes a message that appears to say the display is not connected. I dont have any documentation, nor can I find any that tell me what the message means, or how to verify the wiring in the M400. Can anyone help?

There is one ribbon cable that is not connected to anything, does that need to plug into something?

Thanks-
Nick
Attachments
Does the Ribbon Cable plug in to this port?
Does the Ribbon Cable plug in to this port?
Unconnected White Ribbon Cable
Unconnected White Ribbon Cable
View of the back of the display/NUC
View of the back of the display/NUC
Message that displays for 5 seconds
Message that displays for 5 seconds
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Brand New M400 (M15 Upgrade) on Vectrax

Post by cnckeith »

ribbon cable does not plug into that port. the tiny pc board with the button is for setting up the horizontal and vertical position etc.. the screen setup was done at Centroid so no need to connect to it, the board is included but not connected just in case the LCD display needs to be adjusted again.
I'll have liviu contact in the am and talk you thru getting things running. send him email with your contact info at diysales@centroidcnc.com
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Centroid_Liviu
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Based on your photos, everything I can see is connected correctly. I don't see a photo of your power supply connections, but I do see the NUC power supply is plugged in. The display on the screen means the monitor is powered but has no input signal. Does the Power LED on the NUC come on when you turn on machine power and the screen comes on? The NUC is already set up in the BIOS to come on after power is detected, the Console Power cable plugged in is the only user connection required for the screen, NUC, and fan to function. If you can grab a photo of the power supply I can double check that side, but there is nothing that would need to be modified as that is also pre-wired.

I will give you a call at 9am your time, or you can call me at your earliest convenience (ext. 117).
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
NicksGarage
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901226
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by NicksGarage »

Thank you for your help, turns out the NUC was not powering up, I checked connections and pressed the power button on the NUC, it is now on!

I'll work on setting up the machine now.
Attachments
IMG_9776.JPG