Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

allin1 conversion questions

Post by PatF10 »

I im back on working on a anilam to all in one conversion after a year or two hiatus. I did my bench testing back then. I finally have my cabinet wired up and sent power to it last night. I noticed a steady humming coming from either the control board or the power supply. I cannot quite tell. Is the humming normal, i dont recall hearing it when i did the bench testing.

Thanks
Pat
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: allin1 conversion questions

Post by cnckeith »

hard to tell, but some power supplies will emit a bit of noise, transformer do as well.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Post a picture of your cabinet, and see if you can locate the area the noise is coming from. You can use a hardwood dowel as a stethoscope, to better "listen" to individual components.
PatF10
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by PatF10 »

So far things are running as expected and im working through the setup. I have a couple of questions. My mill is a bridgeport style with the variable speed head, high and low. I want the allin1 to control the spindle speed. does it make sense to just run the head in high and let the vfd control the speed from low rpm to high rpm?
I'm also getting an MPG error 421, it doesn't seem to stop the machine from doing anything but id like to not have the error.

Pat
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

PatF10 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:02 pm So far things are running as expected and im working through the setup. I have a couple of questions. My mill is a bridgeport style with the variable speed head, high and low. I want the allin1 to control the spindle speed. does it make sense to just run the head in high and let the vfd control the speed from low rpm to high rpm?
I'm also getting an MPG error 421, it doesn't seem to stop the machine from doing anything but id like to not have the error.

Pat
mpg error is a parameter setting, see install instructions for details.

several options for the spindle.

1.) gut the vari speed mechanicals, install vfd to vary spindle motor speed. lots of work but you end up with better machine, more motor power gets transferred to the cutter.
2.) lock the mechanical vari speed (about mid range) install vfd to vary spindle motor speed. less work, but it works. eventually you will be ripping it apart someday to replace the varispeed mechanicals so you are just kicking the can down the road.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html