Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Yaskawa Sigma 5 Setup on Oak

Post by Talyrond »

My post seems to have gone from last week. Not sure why, so I’m starting another. I was chatting to @cncsnw who was very kindly helping me out. I have recreated the thread as best possible

Original message
@Talyond wrote:

I’m setting up as per technical bulletin 267, but I have a CNC12. All cables were supplied by Centroid. Just trying one axis first.

I can jog the motor from within SigmaWin+ Version 7 no problem. However when I try and command from the CNC12 I get a position error. No surprise as when I jog the motor from within SigmaWin the Abs Pos field in the PID menu is not changing.
The cable from CN1 on the drive to the Oak is supplied by Centroid, so I’m assuming it’s correct.

Any idea what I may be missing here?

Other points:
1) Using the setup wizard ‘IO Signal Settings’ is disabled. I manually set P-OT, N-OT, /COIN and /V-CMP directly to match.
2) Tuning - ‘Moment of Inertia’, fails. It just hangs part way through.
3) Auto tuning - When turning on the servo it gives an error. See attached.

Thanks

Julian

Motor SGMJV-04A3A6S
Servo SGDV-2R8A01A

@cncsnw wrote something like:
Please provide the drive parameters and CNC12 report. Also confirm if CN8 is using the dummy plug.

@Talyond wrote:
I supplied the requested info.

@cncsnw wrote:
You do not have Pn50A and Pn50B set correctly. That is why the software says “overtravelled”

Set Pn50A = 8101
Set Pn50B = 6548

There may be other issues, since I would expect tripped limits to trigger an alarm or turn off main power; and I did not know there was any way to cause “hardwire baseblocked” with the dummy plug in place. But start by fixing Pn50A and Pn50B, ans see where that gets you.

My last reply
@Talyond wrote:

I’ve changed those parameters. I did actually have a POT and NOT alarm flashing but I didn’t know what that meant, now I realise it’s Positive and negative overtravel! So that alarm has gone with your settings.
So as you alluded to I still get a position error when trying to command the axis. Abs Pos field in the PID menu is still not changing.

On power up the drive says ‘bb’, when I for example enter MDI the drive says run. I believe this is correct.

Other info - I’m using an absolute encoder but set to incremental. The drive Auto tunes now, but Moment of Inertia still fails

Julian
Attachments
Servo-connectors.jpg
Autotune.png
Autotune.png (11.69 KiB) Viewed 552 times
report_0008DC111213-1108211207_2023-01-05_13-48-11.zip
(555.39 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Jan 5.zip
(1.19 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
cncsnw

Re: Yaskawa Sigma 5 Setup on Oak

Post by cncsnw »

I think your next issue was that you had the wrong values in Centroid Machine Parameters 308-310. They should be 1, 2 and 3 on an Oak.
Talyrond
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Yaskawa Sigma 5 Setup on Oak

Post by Talyrond »

Success!!

That did the trick, thank you so much. For reference TB267 says: "308-310 should be set to 7, 8, and 9". May be worth adding that Oak requires 1, 2 and 3

Best regards

Julian