Ugly software problem <resolved> Thanks for the advice, took this info and got it all sorted. Non umbrella .src file wor

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

Thinkin
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: a900780
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Ugly software problem <resolved> Thanks for the advice, took this info and got it all sorted. Non umbrella .src file wor

Post by Thinkin »

After shelving this project for a year I am back and teaching myself the Centroid software programming to finish my ATC equipped my mill. (Plc ladder programmer here, no other code experience but I live with a linux/web code god)

I feel as if I made a grave mistake by installing the umbrella tool changer software. It's a mess to change the i/o and my machine functions a LOT different than this one. I have already done a lot of the machine setup and motor tuning, but now that I am getting around to programming the buttons on the screen and renaming i/o I think I have made a mistake trying to tweak this code.

What's my best approach to get the CNC 12 PLC only software installed instead of the same with the umbrella software installed? I could code my tool changer in a day in ladder and I think it's smarter if I start with a 'clean slate'. How much config can I carry over if I were to either delete and reinstall the entire CNC12 program or can I change out the Centroid-Standard-Mill-ALLIN1DC-ATC-Umbrella-r7.src file with the non ATC PLC friendly version? should I do a 'nuke and pave' of CNC12 then back up certain config files? Can I copy pasta some of the non ATC files over and be fine?

Also, I can't get PLC detective to run. It gets an error message saying that it can't find Centroid-Standard-Mill-ALLIN1DC-ATC-Umbrella-r7.src. It's in the same folder. Everything is in it's default location.

(I'm running the All in 1 Dc and the centroid PLC).
Lagunmatic 310/all in one swap. First kick at the can.
cncsnw

Re: Ugly software problem

Post by cncsnw »

What distinguishes one PLC package from another is primarily:
- The .src file
- The mfunc*.mac files
- The plcmsg.txt and cncxmsg.txt files.
You can delete all of those and install an Allin1DC basic mill program, then modify it to your heart's content.

None of that will impact your configuration or parameters files.
Thinkin

Post by Thinkin »

Oh perfect.

What’s the best way to get ahold of that? Spin up a VM and install a copy on another machine to extract or can I download it somewhere?

Also PLC detective can’t find that .src file so it definitely won’t find the new one. How do I point PLC detective at a specific file?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

How are you launching PLC Detective?

Through a Windows shortcut?

Or by pressing Ctrl-E at the CNC12 main screen?
Thinkin

Post by Thinkin »

Ctrl-E or by clicking it in the main folder. Same result.
12A9980E-C413-40B8-BF03-9F611DA071AA.jpeg
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Interesting.

I use PLC Detective on nearly every control I handle, and have never encountered this.

I could not hazard a guess as to the cause without seeing a Report from your system.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

What’s the best way to get ahold of that? Spin up a VM and install a copy on another machine to extract or can I download it somewhere?
Just look in the "mpuplcprograms" folder that is packaged with the installer.

For example, if you look in the mpuplcprograms\_mill\_allin1dc\_centroid_standard\cncm folder, you will find a .src file and corresponding plcmsg.txt file. Copy those into your c:\cncm directory. Don't copy the .xml files, because you don't want to replace your configuration and parameters. The other files are optional, as long as you compile the source file after copying.
Thinkin

Post by Thinkin »

Thanks for the advice, took this info and got it all sorted. Non umbrella .src file worked great.