anyone know the Post Processor to use w/ DolphinCAM?

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

countryguy
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

anyone know the Post Processor to use w/ DolphinCAM?

Post by countryguy »

Hi all,
time to take some gCode to the new Mill!!! And I realized after the upgrade I never rally checked if DolphinCAM would output the g-code I need. I am sure it will (right?) but there are a bunch of post processorts- Which type/style do you suggest?

Thanks,
diycncscott

Re: anyone know the Post Processor to use w/ DolphinCAM?

Post by diycncscott »

I would start with the Fanuc 0M - It will almost certainly work.

Post a program, load it into the control and graph it. If it graphs, it will cut.
countryguy
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by countryguy »

hahaha... Scott - yeah- Sounds so easy. If you have a simple 1,2,3 on the steps for that. Broadly even. I'm IT and PC savvy so hit me w/ a few big steps if you can? Menu, Load Pgm and some type of Graph / gCode graph I'll wager.

Thanks guys! firing up the Plasma to cut and then into the new DC-AIO controller/Mill today! Job #1.

Sidebar:
Maybe you guys do not get to see the fun parts of us "users". The facebook page below is what the kid (he's 17) did w/ ZgB. Winning Axe contest is what he's making (albeit bankO'Dad haha). But we're onto something here. Thought ya might like to see what your Mill control is going to produce! (PS we did the custom sign on this page too! ). https://www.facebook.com/zombiegoboomtv
The Axe competition:
https://epoll.me/vote/ACcBZ2K9ULA/which ... ie-go-boom

fun Stuff!!!! Be safe, have a good weekend all.
CG. / Jeff
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

On the main screen:

F2/Load - load a CNC program file from the hard drive or another device

F8/Graph - get a graphic preview of the currently-loaded CNC program file

I recommend setting Machine Parameter 4 = 5.0, so that:
1) Any job you load from an external source (e.g. network, USB) gets copied onto the C: drive, and
2) Subdirectories and other drives (e.g. network, USB) are just shown at the top of the file list, in square brackets.

Those who are not clear on the difference between a file, a directory, and a drive should set Parameter 4 = 1.0 instead.