Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Undefined PLC message (47)

Post by gbeav »

New to me Bridgport 308 with a newer retrofit. Been running fine and it stopped as the carousel came out to to change tools. I shut it down and manually put it back into postion so nothing got crashed. But now I keep getting this msg and everything works but the ATC. Anyone ever have this issue?
Attachments
report.zip
(177.9 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
IMG_20221118_123358893_HDR(1).jpg
IMG_20221118_155500040.jpg
cncsnw

Re: Undefined PLC message (47)

Post by cncsnw »

Evidently someone added a fault condition to the PLC program, but forgot to add a corresponding message in the plcmsg.txt file.

From the PLC program source:

Code: Select all

CAROUSEL_IN_OUT_TIME_OUT      IS 12033;(1+256*47)
;...
IF (MovingCarouselIn_M && CarouselInOutTimer) || 
  (MovingCarouselOut_M && CarouselInOutTimer) 
  THEN FaultMsg_W = CAROUSEL_IN_OUT_TIME_OUT, SET OtherFault_M 
So it is evidently trying to tell you that, though you requested the carousel move in (towards the spindle) or out (away from the spindle), the carousel did not actually get there within the alotted three seconds.

Either the carousel did not move at all (in which case you need to look at the actuators); or the carousel did move as requested, but did not trigger the switch or sensor that would tell the PLC that it got there.

Does your 308 have a pneumatic cylinder to slide the carousel in and out? Or does it have a motorized arm?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If you want to see a more meaningful message when the carousel fails to move, you can edit your plcmsg.txt file, and insert a line similar to the following (preferably in order, between messages 46 and 48, though I don't think that is essential):

47  9047 CAROUSEL IN/OUT TIMEOUT FAULT
gbeav
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Post by gbeav »

It is motorized...
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

That is a problem. Not necessarily the source of your current problem but definitely a problem.

If it had pneumatic solenoids, there would be no harm to leaving the solenoid coil powered indefinitely, even after the carousel slide has reached its end position. Since it is a motor, it is important to turn off motor power promptly when the move is complete, rather than letting the motor stall against the stop.

Unfortunately, someone has commented out the logic that would turn off the carousel-in and carousel-out outputs when moves are complete. The outputs, OUT22 CarouselInSol and OUT21 CarouselOutSol, are nominally solenoids, but in your case they are presumably wired to contactor or relay coils to switch motor power.

Lines 2440-2454 of your PLC program:

;Carousel In
IF ((ZeroSpeed && OrientComplete && M80 && M6) || (M80 && AtcOverrideKey))
  THEN RST M81, RST CarouselOutSol, SET CarouselInSol, SET CarouselInOutTimer, 
  SET MovingCarouselIn_M, RST MovingCarouselOut_M

;IF SV_STOP || !SV_PROGRAM_RUNNING || (MovingCarouselIn_M && CarouselIsIn)
 ; THEN RST CarouselInSol, RST M80 

;CarouselOut
IF (M81 && M6) || (M81 && AtcOverrideKey)
  THEN RST M80, RST CarouselInSol, SET CarouselOutSol, SET CarouselInOutTimer, 
  SET MovingCarouselOut_M, RST MovingCarouselIn_M

;IF SV_STOP || !SV_PROGRAM_RUNNING || (MovingCarouselOut_M && CarouselIsOut)
 ; THEN RST CarouselOutSol, RST M81  
gbeav

Post by gbeav »

I finally got the the current problem somewhat fixed. Narrowed it down to a blown fuse. Now it want to throw the same code out when thr carousel comes out. I can move it in without throwing a code. Every time it comes out it gives me the same error msg. I assumed the prox switch would shut off the motor when it moves to position. Now I'm wondering if I have a bad switch that's not telling it it's in the out position
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Use the Alt-i display, and/or the PLC Detective logic analyzer, to watch what happens with:
INP30 CarouselIsIn
INP31 CarouselIsOut
OUT21 CarouselOutSol
OUT22 CarouselInSol

If INP31 does not close (turn green) when the carousel moves out, then you have a faulty sensor, broken wire, or mis-positioned sensor.

If OUT21 and OUT22 remain on indefinitely, even after the carousel is done moving, then you can expect to blow more fuses (which is desirable, because the alternative is to burn out your motor or burn up the relay contacts).
gbeav

Post by gbeav »

Everything is lighting up the way it should. I'm wondering now if I had the motor / cam too far in one direction when I lit everything back up. Causing it to be maxed out when it hit the switch. It appears as the cam is machined to allow a little extra rotation of the motor without moving the carousel . I've cycled it a dozen times without any codes popping up now. Will be fired up in production tomorrow and hopefully smooth sailing. Appreciate all help. Does give me a little more insight on the logic of these machines. I originally thought I had a plc problem with that msg that popped up not knowing that it was just a line of code that someone didn't put in the control.