Oak with lathe turret position questions.

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

mindego
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0008DC111213-1214201068
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Oak with lathe turret position questions.

Post by mindego »

Attached report file.
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-1214201068_2021-08-16_12-58-24.zip
(337.95 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

mindego wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:25 am Attached report file.
hi, start a new post please.

http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
occustoms
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes

Post by occustoms »

mindego wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:32 am Hi guys,
I'm new on centroid so I hope that my problem is simple and easy to fix.
I'm retrofitting Fanuc 6T lathe with hydraulic turret.
Using OAK PLC with customized „Centroid_Standard-Lathe-OAK-8-tool_electric_atc-R1.src“.
Tool changer do Indexing correct. But when I run example T0200 M6 it make all positioning job correct, but I get message on screen „waiting for input #32 (M94)“ and job hangs up.
What should I do that all process will end correctly.
or you can do what i did and hire marc to do a custom plc. I used an encoder on the rear of turret to do positions. Had to make some adapters and whatnot to make it bolt on, but works perfectly and i have the same hi-low hydraulic style. In case yours dont have the correct inputs or wired to their compatibility of the way logic they are using.
mindego

Waiting for input #32 (M94)

Post by mindego »

Hi guys,
I'm new on centroid so I hope that my problem is simple and easy to fix.
I'm retrofitting Fanuc 6T lathe with hydraulic turret.
Using OAK PLC with customized „Centroid_Standard-Lathe-OAK-8-tool_electric_atc-R1.src“.
Tool changer do Indexing correct. But when I run example T0200 M6 it make all positioning job correct, but I get message on screen „waiting for input #32 (M94)“ and job hangs up.
What should I do that all process will end correctly.
Maybe I should use clean installation without any hidden ATC functionality?
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-1214201068_2023-08-16_12-28-03.zip
(807.04 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
aamir
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by aamir »

I retrofit this m.c and did following
1) make turret uni direction
2) short all 12 switch to active slow solenoid
3)in that way only 13 input used but turret used only in one direction
mindego

Post by mindego »

Dear aamir,
My program and turret working perfectly with original equipment without any hardware changes. With two speeds.
There are somewhere in hidden PLC source added some secret functions which required this "input #32" for tool changing (M6).
And it is funny that this input I use for 8 tool sensor, but I still get this message and then the 8 tool is oriented (sensor triggered).
mindego

Post by mindego »

aamir wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:04 pm I retrofit this m.c and did following
1) make turret uni direction
2) short all 12 switch to active slow solenoid
3)in that way only 13 input used but turret used only in one direction
Sorry, new man on forum :)

Dear aamir,
My program and turret working perfectly with original equipment without any hardware changes. With two speeds.
There are somewhere in hidden PLC source added some secret functions which required this "input #32" for tool changing (M6).
And it is funny that this input I use for 8 tool sensor, but I still get this message and then the 8 tool is oriented (sensor triggered).
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

You have installed a PLC program for some type of turret (nominally an 8-position Centroid-supplied Taiwanese turret which uses an electric motor for rotation, and which automatically unlocks as the motor drives forward, and automatically locks as the motor drives in reverse). However, you have no tool-change macro file (cnctch.mac) installed at all.

With Parameter 6 = 1 to select automatic tool changing, but no tool-change macro file, CNC12 falls back on a "default" automatic tool-change sequence: probably something equivalent to this code from the Mill control:

Code: Select all

M95/16 ; turn o tool changer strobe
M107 ; send tool number to tool changer
M94/16 ; turn on tool changer strobe
M101/32 ; wait for acknowledge from changer
M100/32 ; wait for acknowledge from changer
That would only work if the PLC program responded to M94/16 and M95/16 (through PLC system variable SV_M94_M95_16), and if a tool-change-complete signal were wired to INP32 (which would be the last input on a PLCADD1616 board, if you are using an Oak control).

In practice, no one ever uses the built-in "default" sequence, because it does not fit any real-world situation. A turret lathe retrofit always requires a cnctch.mac file that is matched to the code in the PLC program.

If you are going to use a PLC program that you have derived from "Centroid_Standard-Lathe-OAK-8-tool_electric_atc_r1.src", then a good starting point would be to locate the cnctch.mac file that went with that PLC program, and copy it into your c:\cnct directory.

Then, if your turret does not exactly match the one that your PLC program was written for, you will need to review the turret unlock/rotate/lock and position-feedback sections of the PLC program, and modify them as needed for your turret hardware.
mindego

Post by mindego »

cncsnw wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:24 pm You have installed a PLC program for some type of turret (nominally an 8-position Centroid-supplied Taiwanese turret which uses an electric motor for rotation, and which automatically unlocks as the motor drives forward, and automatically locks as the motor drives in reverse). However, you have no tool-change macro file (cnctch.mac) installed at all.

With Parameter 6 = 1 to select automatic tool changing, but no tool-change macro file, CNC12 falls back on a "default" automatic tool-change sequence: probably something equivalent to this code from the Mill control:

Code: Select all

M107 ; send tool number to tool changer
M94/16 ; turn on tool changer strobe
M101/32 ; wait for acknowledge from changer
M100/32 ; wait for acknowledge from changer
That would only work if the PLC program responded to M94/16 and M95/16 (through PLC system variable SV_M94_M95_16), and if a tool-change-complete signal were wired to INP32 (which would be the last input on a PLCADD1616 board, if you are using an Oak control).

In practice, no one ever uses the built-in "default" sequence, because it does not fit any real-world situation. A turret lathe retrofit always requires a cnctch.mac file that is matched to the code in the PLC program.

If you are going to use a PLC program that you have derived from "Centroid_Standard-Lathe-OAK-8-tool_electric_atc_r1.src", then a good starting point would be to locate the cnctch.mac file that went with that PLC program, and copy it into your c:\cnct directory.

Then, if your turret does not exactly match the one that your PLC program was written for, you will need to review the turret unlock/rotate/lock and position-feedback sections of the PLC program, and modify them as needed for your turret hardware.
Thank you very much!!!
It should be very simple problem. I create M16 function with same code like in my M6 and now machine works like a charm :)
I realy don't know where I should looking for this kind of information of your system.
In future, where I should looking for system required files?