CNC Control System Serial Number: A901170
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Need help wiring a Yaskawa 2 Speed Sigma 1 Inverter MC5U2011 to Oak

Post by Salonestar »

Hello,
Has anyone wired the Yaskawa spindle drives to Oak before? I need help.
I'm trying to wire my Yaskawa Sigma 1 Spindle inverter MC5U2011 to Oak but there are a few of the connections that I'm not able to figure out. I want to make sure I'm hooking up the right wires to the right places on Oak and the PLCADD1616.

I have attached the electrical schematic for my machine. The inverter connection cable to the old Centurion control is on page 18
The following are easily identifiable from the schematic:
Forward, Reverse, Load meter but the rest including faults, orient, the 10VCD signal I cannot correlate.

I have and "Orient card" on the inverter that has two leads, one goes to common and the other goes to the centurion controller, but there's another "Orient command" lead that also goes to the controller. There's also an "up-to-speed" lead that I don't know what it does.
Thanks.
Oak-Inverter-wiring.jpg
Attachments
E-vms Sigma2 with MC5-Rev10 (1).pdf
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 15 times
Salonestar
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes

Re: Need help wiring a Yaskawa 2 Speed Sigma 1 Inverter MC5U2011 to Oak

Post by Salonestar »

Here's what I found out about the "Up-to-speed" terminal from the Yaskawa inverter:
"That is the signal from the drive that tells the control that the spindle is running at the commanded speed."

Any idea where to connect this to Oak?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

There is no need to connect a spindle-up-to-speed signal at all.

None of the standard PLC or macro programs require it.

If you want to use it for your own purposes, you can wire it to any available PLC input. Since the drive output is evidently open-collector (providing a path to 0VDC when active), the PLC input you connect it to would need to be current-sourcing (i.e. have +24V wired to the input bank common).

The "orient command" signal is a request, from a PLC output to a spindle drive input, for the spindle drive to perform orientation.

The "orient done" signal is a confirmation, from a spindle drive output to a PLC input, by which the spindle drive tells the PLC that orientation is complete.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

It is very likely that "spindle analog" and "analog ground", on pins 13 and 17, are your 0-10VDC spindle speed command from the PLC to the drive.
Salonestar
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes

Post by Salonestar »

Hello again! I think I have figured out most of the wiring except the "LOW GEAR RANGE" connection. The motor has two speed ranges 1500rpm/8000rpm. It's currently wired as an output from the controller in the Milltronics schematic. The Centroid schematic does have a "Low gear range" but as an input into the controller instead of an output. See attached images. What should I do here?
Attachments
Capture_9-27-22.JPG
Capture2_9-27-22.JPG