tsoftwerks
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Custom Jog Panel

Post by tsoftwerks »

I would really like to make my own jog panel. I can do it the clunky way by emulating a keyboard and interfacing to my computer with usb, and use it in keyboard jog mode, or I could connect to the jog panel connector with the correct interface. I assume its a serial interface. Is this interface considered proprietary or is there a way I could get a copy of the interface definition?

Thanks.
Centroid_Liviu
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Custom Jog Panel

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

A faster way would be to customize the Aux keys on our jog panel to suit your needs. Alternatively you can do it through the I/O and customize your PLC program. This will probably use up quite a bit of I/O. You will most likely want a PLCADD1616 or PLCADD6464 for this.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
tsoftwerks

Post by tsoftwerks »

Well I don't have the jog panel, and have the spare parts around to make a push button panel, so I was hoping to save a few hundred bucks for tooling... I am tooling poor right now... just a hobby machine, so looking to save a buck where I can. Thanks for the suggestions.
flyeribe
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No

Post by flyeribe »

Been a long time ago you posted about a custom jog panel have you made away progress. My next version will be 32 function for my lathe more to follow.

Luke
Attachments
20240112_074336[1].jpg