Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0823050980
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Ajax DM45 - New RT150 4th Axis M10/M11 not working

Post by wtecksolutions »

Hi, I'm new to this forum and Ajax Centroid
Just got a DM45 with low hours and then an Ajax RT150 with low hours running CNC10 Mill v2.68. Purchased a DC1 and pigtail and installed after mapping the wires correctly for the newer pigtail for the RT150.

Rotary works fine but can't get out30 to operate the clamp. Created m10 and m11 macros with 94/4 and 95/4 because they were not there. Still didn't work. Moved solenoid wire to NC connection on relay and it does fire the solenoid so the fuse is not blown but the relay won't change state (maybe bad relay). Connected the 120vac and the solenoid wires to the Mist output 4 and can turn the clamp on and off with the control panel mist button as well as M code. Also tied Rotary Clamp Ack (in31) to high or low states and that didn't help. My axis is labled as "A" and not "W". Tried the Alt. -i to look at the ins and outs. M11 and M10 will toggle the input but no output green lights.

I am getting dizzy from reading and I am leaning toward a stuck relay or.... PLC .src not setup for for M10.

Here are some lines from one of the dm45dc3c.src file. ( this confuses me because there is one for CPU7 and one for PC)
-----Some line from the Input Def.
W_Home IS INP30 ; Not sure if the W needs to be changed to an A
clamp_ack IS INP31 ;
M10 IS INP36 ; Map to M94/4 M95/4 (RotaryClamp)
-----Output Def.
Clamp IS OUT30 ;
------Program Start sectuion (This is the code in the .src that concerns me because the M10 is commented out)
;M10 = M10 AND CNC_Program_Running

I was also reading about BOSS functions using Out30 but I'm not sure if I am using it or if this will cause a problem.

I can provide .zip report if needed.

Please bear with me because I am on a steep learing curve but any help is appreciated. FYI, I do have an electronic background and past NC/CNC, but the centroid is all new to me.

Thanks,
Pat
Attachments
report.txt
(89.61 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
cncsnw

Re: Ajax DM45 - New RT150 4th Axis M10/M11 not working

Post by cncsnw »

The other half of your PLC program -- probably contained in a file named dm45dc3p.src, compiled with xplccomp, and executed by the PC-based interpreter -- needs to control OUT30 based on the M10 request. Typically that is done with a line similar to this:

IF M10 XOR ReverseClamp THEN (Clamp)

The commented-out line in your CPU PLC program would cause the M10 request to be cancelled (and therefore cause the clamp to be released) when a program cycle ends. With that line commented out, the clamp will remain on until released with M11.

It does not make any difference whether your PLC program calls INP30 "W_Home" or "A_Home".
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

What do your cnc10.m10 and cnc10.m11 files contain?
wtecksolutions

Post by wtecksolutions »

cncsnw wrote:The other half of your PLC program -- probably contained in a file named dm45dc3p.src, compiled with xplccomp, and executed by the PC-based interpreter -- needs to control OUT30 based on the M10 request. Typically that is done with a line similar to this:

IF M10 XOR ReverseClamp THEN (Clamp)

The commented-out line in your CPU PLC program would cause the M10 request to be cancelled (and therefore cause the clamp to be released) when a program cycle ends. With that line commented out, the clamp will remain on until released with M11.

It does not make any difference whether your PLC program calls INP30 "W_Home" or "A_Home".
Thanks for your reply,

Because I'm new, I'm not really sure where to place the "IF M10 XOR ReverseClamp THEN (Clamp)" statement and exactly sure of the syntax (trying to get my head wrapped around a new language). Also should I remove the ";" where the M10 was commented out in "DM45dc3c.src"?

Thanks,
Pat
wtecksolutions

Post by wtecksolutions »

cncsnw wrote:What do your cnc10.m10 and cnc10.m11 files contain?
The cncM10.m10 contains
M94/4

The cncM10.m11 contains
M95/4

Thanks!
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Someone from Ajax needs to post a copy of the CNC10 PLC programming manual.

The CNC10 (XPLC) PLC programming manual explains the format of a PLC program; how to identify your source files; why there are two programs and what each one does; how custom M functions work; how to compile and install changed PLC programs; and many other useful things.

You only need to un-comment the line in the CPU PLC program if you want M10 to cancel (release) automatically when the program cycle ends or is cancelled. If you want the clamp to remain applied even if the program cycle ends, then you need to leave it the way it is.

A good first step would be to search/browse through the PC PLC program source file and see if there are any references to "M10" or "Clamp" in it, outside of the initial definitions section (the section that just provides alternate names for things like "INP36" and "OUT30").
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hi Pat,

Please post or email the report.zip (not the report.txt that you posted).

The report.zip contains all the PLC files, macros and configuration files for your machine/control. With it, I can update your current PLC program and/or macros to accommodate the M10/M11 on OUT30.

Please always send/post the report.zip when asking questions.

email can be sent to tech@ajaxcnc.com

FYI The report.zip file also contains a copy of the report.txt file.
wtecksolutions

Post by wtecksolutions »

cncsnw wrote:Someone from Ajax needs to post a copy of the CNC10 PLC programming manual.

The CNC10 (XPLC) PLC programming manual explains the format of a PLC program; how to identify your source files; why there are two programs and what each one does; how custom M functions work; how to compile and install changed PLC programs; and many other useful things.

You only need to un-comment the line in the CPU PLC program if you want M10 to cancel (release) automatically when the program cycle ends or is cancelled. If you want the clamp to remain applied even if the program cycle ends, then you need to leave it the way it is.

A good first step would be to search/browse through the PC PLC program source file and see if there are any references to "M10" or "Clamp" in it, outside of the initial definitions section (the section that just provides alternate names for things like "INP36" and "OUT30").
Hi cncsnw,

Yes I agree the CNC10 programming manuals would be nice, they are hard to find. I think I just found them in cnczone. "PLC Programming Manual
for Centroid M-Series Controls" and "XPLC User Manual", not sure if these are the correct ones or if there are more.

I don't think the clamp needs to be released after a program cycle ends or is cancelled. I would just need to make sure I add an "M11" to the a Home macro so the motor does not stall. What would be nice is to assign the Clamp to something like Aux4 button for example it can be turned on or off on demand. Your thoughts?

I went through both the .src files and was not able to find any reference to "M10" or "M11" or "Clamp" outside the initial definitions except for the ";M10" that was commented out that I already referred too. There were a couple of references in "Positive Differential (One-Shot) Definitions": "M10_1Shot IS PD11 ; M10" and "M11_1Shot IS PD12 ; M11"
wtecksolutions

Post by wtecksolutions »

ajaxscott wrote:Hi Pat,

Please post or email the report.zip (not the report.txt that you posted).

The report.zip contains all the PLC files, macros and configuration files for your machine/control. With it, I can update your current PLC program and/or macros to accommodate the M10/M11 on OUT30.

Please always send/post the report.zip when asking questions.

email can be sent to tech@ajaxcnc.com

FYI The report.zip file also contains a copy of the report.txt file.
Hi Scott,

Sorry about that, I have attached the report.zip

Let me explain what I am trying to accomplish here:
* Make sure the "M10" and "M11" works and its not a relay issue
* I suspect that the "M10" and "M11" or an "A" axis move should work in association with clamp_ack so the motor does not stall.
* If the "A Axis" is disconnected the machine knows that and reverts to XYZ and vise versa. I think I saw some code on how to do that.
* Manually be able to clamp or un-clamp the "A Axis" with a button something like Aux4. I saw some code examples someplace on doing something like that also.

Note that I have a DP-4 also and just wanted to make sure that whatever code changes happen that is doesn't affect it. (haven't tried it yet to make sure it works) I will probably purchase a TT-1 once get the system stabilized.

Also I noticed that there are a couple of much newer .scr files. Would these be from when the system was updated to 2.68 they were never used? I am also looking at the v2.72 update to get the machine fully up to date but I didn't want to make a change until I had the clamp issue resolved. Didn't want to add another variable.

Thanks so much for your help!!
Attachments
report.zip
(70.63 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Pat,

I have attached PLC programs that map M10 to OUT30. Unzip this file and then copy (cp) the files to /cncroot/c/cnc10

Reboot your machine.

If needed, you can invert the behavior of M10/M11 by adding 256 to whatever value is currently in parameter 178.
dm45clamp.zip
(14.2 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Also, I have asked the admin to put the CNC10 PLC and other docs back up on the Ajax site so you should be able to access further info on CNC10 PLC programming shortly.