Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

6.6 homing the machine ALLIN1DC ON MILL

Post by philroy5033 »

Working on completing the set up. 6.6 Homing the machine.
The CNCM.HOM file was not in the directory so I created it per installation instructions.
M92/Z
M26/Z
M91/X
M26/X
M92/Y
M26/Y
Set to home on power up using limit switches.
Press start and X - SHOWS UP hit run and homes to x- limit and backs off limit switch.
It stops and I have to manual change directions and axis.
XY and Z all can be manually homed.

Should this be automatic and start with Z+ when I start homing?
Thanks Phil
cncsnw

Re: 6.6 homing the machine ALLIN1DC ON MILL

Post by cncsnw »

When you start CNC12 for the first time after powering up the Allin1DC, the screen should say "Machine Home Not Set" / "Press Cycle Start to find machine home".

If your screen does not say that, then you have an incorrect value in Machine Parameter 5.

If your screen does say that, then you just need to press Cycle Start, and the machine will run the cncm.hom macro automatically.

Once the machine has been homed, then the "Machine Home Not Set" message will no longer appear on the main screen, and pressing Cycle Start will instead start the currently-loaded job.

If you have already homed the machine, and you want to home it again, just shut down and cycle the power (or, if you prefer, load and run c:\cncm\cncm.hom as if it were a normal CNC job).

The "Find Home" and "Set Home" options on the Machine Configuration screen are not for everyday use. They are only there for testing and troubleshooting.

The way you know that those functions are not for everyday use, is that CNC12 asks you to enter the Configuration password before you can even get to them.
ktm109r
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Post by ktm109r »

I've powered up my machine and after pressing the cycle start button (multiple times), nothing happens. I loaded cncm.hom as the indicated program in an attempt to get it to work, but no luck. Is there a parameter setting I should be looking at?
"Machine Home Not Set" / "Press Cycle Start to find machine home" is shown on the screen.
Any suggestions?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Have you looked in the message box in the upper right corner of the screen to see if an error or fault message appears when you press Cycle Start to begin homing?

Have you considered posting a Report with your inquiry, so that others can look at you setups and at your error message log, and make more informed suggestions?
ktm109r

Post by ktm109r »

I did not notice an error message, like Zaxis error or the like. The screen blinks as if it did something. I will try again and take a pick of before and after pressing the button.
Thanks.
ktm109r

Post by ktm109r »

Well it was something very simple as suggested by your last post. Noticed after turning the machine on the Z+ limit was tripped. Reached over and rotated the axis off the switch and all good. Just not thinking in the heat of the afternoon.

Back to making chips...

Thanks for your help.