Dlab77@aol.com
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900357
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Tool offset with G code

Post by Dlab77@aol.com »

I am using a CAD program to generate G code files to produce parts more complex than I want to tackle with Intercon. I do not know how to write the G code to use the tool offset values stored in my Allin1CNC. When I run canned cycles in Intercon I just have to zero the Z axis with my “Tool offset standard”. The program then knows when I use T 1 where zero Z is for that tool and so on with T 2, T 3, etc.

The CAD program automatically puts G43 into all of its programs. If I delete G43 I can get the program to work, but I have to manually Z zero each tool at every tool change. If I could get Intercon to display the G code it is using for a program with multiple tool changes I might be able to work backwards and rewrite my G code files.

Can anybody help me with this?

Dave
cncsnw

Re: Tool offset with G code

Post by cncsnw »

Your program should have a G43 and an H code following every tool change. That is what Intercon uses, and what any CAD/CAM post for nearly any control should use.

Cancelling length compensation at the end of a tool or the end of a job, with G49 and/or H0, is optional.

For details, see http://www.cncsnw.com/OLEM.htm. Also see G43 in Chapter 12 of your Operator's Manual.