rhdwillis
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0715141071
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

System test

Post by rhdwillis »

Hi, I am running a new retrofit system on a knee mill. I have the all in 1 dc controller running the centroid software. I was wondering if it was possible to change the direction of the homing during the system test? I have a coolant drain on the Y+ side of my table that will hit the back of the machine if it homes to the Y+ switch. Is it possible to make the system test home to the Y- instead?
cncsnw

Re: System test

Post by cncsnw »

The system test will test any home switch which is listed on the Machine Configuration -> Motor Parameters menu.

If your machine cannot safely move all the way to a particular switch, then you should move the switch. It isn't doing you any good where it is.

However, if you want to leave the switch where it is, and still run the system test, then you just need to zero out that home switch number on the Machine Configuration -> Motor Parameters screen. In your case, change the Y+ Home switch number from 4 (or 3 if you have direction reversed) to 0. You can leave the Y+ Limit switch number in place.

I assume you already have your cncm.hom macro file set up to home Y- (M91/Y, instead of M92/Y).

Be sure you set the software travel plus limit (on the Machine Configuration -> Jog Parameters screen) to a suitably restricted value. The system test will run the axis all the way to the software limit, even when there is no home switch specified in that direction. With no home switch specified (switch number set to zero) the system test will not go beyond the software limit.