Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0113202340
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Tool diameter offsets

Post by bgpv2xt »

OK I have attempted to mill a .375 x .375 hole with a .1875 cutter and .0938 corners, and it came out square but to small. I have carefully rechecked all the settings for tool diameter but when one goes to TOOL 6 / MODIFY / TOOL D OFFSET. There is a parameter that is just a number and don't know what it does. Not sure if it is a inch, a thousand, or whatever. I have also looked in the operators manual and not found an answer.
Thanks
cncsnw

Re: Tool diameter offsets

Post by cncsnw »

I am guessing that you are using Intercon, and that you are describing the fields in the Intercon Tool Change operation.

"Tool D Offset" is the offset number: the index into the offset library, where the actual diameter value may be found. A good rule of thumb is to always set the D Offset number the same as the Tool number (e.g. 6, if this is T6).

On the next line of the Intercon Tool Change operation, "Diameter" is the actual diameter of the tool, in your standard units (either inches or millimeters, depending on how you have your control configured). "Diameter" is the number from the Offset Library, indexed by the "D Offset" value above. Any change you make in the Intercon Tool Change operation will get written back to the CNC12 Offset Library.
bgpv2xt
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0113202340
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Tool diameter offsets

Post by bgpv2xt »

Yes Intercon, now I see the meaning of it ..Thank You