Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Oak to Delta ASD-A2 Analog Control Wiring Question

Post by ashesman »

I made my own cables between the Oak and Delta ASD-A2 drives. Some pictures are in my latest addition to this post.

I used the wiring diagram shown at the end of the Oak installation manual as shown below.
Capture.JPG
I made two changes. I did not link delta pins 9 and 10 (DI 1 and DI 2). I just connected the DI1 signal. My justification was that in this application note, it shows that DI2 is to be set to disabled as it is not used. See P2-11 below.

The other change I made was I did not link Delta pins 42 and 18 (V_REF and T_REF). My justification was that analog input into the Delta drive is not required when using precision mode. I did connect AN_REQ just to V_REF, not because I needed to, but it meant the analog driver was not left with a chopped off wire that could short etc.

But once I got to configuring the drives, I see that parameter P1-41 sets the analog torque input range.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (52.33 KiB) Viewed 662 times
Any thoughts on why there might be some analog control configuration? And is that T_REF connection required? Or is it just a generic cable that can work in analog or digital mode?
cncsnw

Re: Oak to Delta ASD-A2 Analog Control Wiring Question

Post by cncsnw »

I am fairly certain that the cable design is to allow you to choose among analog velocity mode, analog torque mode, or pulse-train position mode without having to change the cable.

If you are planning to run in position mode, then you probably don't need to worry about any of the analog setups.
ashesman
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Oak to Delta ASD-A2 Analog Control Wiring Question

Post by ashesman »

cncsnw wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:18 pm I am fairly certain that the cable design is to allow you to choose among analog velocity mode, analog torque mode, or pulse-train position mode without having to change the cable.

If you are planning to run in position mode, then you probably don't need to worry about any of the analog setups.
Thanks, that was my thoughts too.