Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Spindle Control switches from M15 to M39

Post by frankljs »

Hello, im upgrading from an M15-7 to M39 all in 1 dc. I have an upgrade diagram that lays out most the connections very clearly, however it doesn’t mention or show the spindle switch connections on the diagram. My mill head is manual speed control, so im just trying to wire the switches to the allin1dc to operate the spindle on/off and forward/ reverse switches. I have attached pics. Thanks
Jeremy
Attachments
Switch front and back
Switch front and back
Switch front or back
Switch front or back
cncsnw

Re: Spindle Control switches from M15 to M39

Post by cncsnw »

The spindle controls you have appear to be shown at the bottom of the attached schematic.

If you cannot find a pre-drawn Allin1DC schematic for this configuration, and an accompanying factory-supplied PLC program, then you can just connect the four inputs (manual-forward, manual-reverse, start and stop) to any available PLC inputs (e.g. INP7, INP8, INP15 and INP16); and add a few lines to your PLC program so that:
1) Moving the selector to "FWD" selects manual spindle mode and forward direction.
2) Moving the selector to "REV" selects manual spindle mode and reverse direction.
3) Moving the selecting from "FWD" or "REV" to center (neither input closed) selects auto spindle mode.
4) Pressing the START button has the same action as the spindle start buttons on the jog panel, VCP, and keyboard jog panel
5) Pressing the STOP button has the same action as the spindle start buttons on the jog panel, VCP, and keyboard jog panel

There will be some unavoidable idiosyncrasies if you support both the standard jog panel and VCP keys, and also your FWD/AUTO/REV selector.

The jog panel PLC code assumes that all keys are momentary, so you can, for example, use the wired jog panel to select Manual spindle mode, then use the VCP to switch back to Auto spindle mode, the both places will reflect that change. If you switch your selector switch to FWD and leave it there, you are presumably indicating that you want manual control and forward direction. If you then use the VCP to switch back to Auto spindle mode, or to change the manual direction to reverse, the selector switch will necessarily stay where it was put.

I usually give precedence to the jog panel, allowing you to change modes at the jog panel regardless of the position of the selector. If you switch the selector to FWD; then use the jog panel to switch to Auto mode or reverse direction; then decide you want to use the selector knob again, to again choose Manual mode and forward direction, you just have to turn the selector to center, then back to FWD. The PLC program would use PD bits in this case, to act only on changes in the selector switch, and not on the continuing position of the selector switch.

Alternately you could disable and ignore the jog panel mode and direction controls, and rely solely on the selector switch.
Attachments
K9900033.pdf
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
frankljs
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Spindle Control switches from M15 to M39

Post by frankljs »

Thanks for the pdf! I wish i had it for the initial wiring haha. I guess i have to decide if its worth the trouble to wire it and configure it- i do like physical switches. Thanks again.