CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Stop graph drawing each time I run a program

Post by eng199 »

ashesman wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:45 pm
I'm interested in why this file only takes 4s to open on your machine. It takes about two seconds to open on my laptop running the mill demo. Not sure why it takes so long on the machine. The PC on the machine is higher spec than my laptop. If it took 4s on the machine I probably wouldnt be complaining. But 28s!
Use the Processes tab in Task manager to view CPU, memory, disk, etc. performance individually. I have a PC that should be quick according to the processor, but the disk performance is awful.
ashesman
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by ashesman »

So, I did some more testing today. I copied the Mill Demo folder off my laptop, took it down to the machine and ran Mill Demo on the machine. Of course it is still a demo running offline from the controller. I opened my test file and it took 1.5s to draw (once only). I would be pretty happy if my actually CNC12 install did that instead of 15s!

To be clear, I am talking about the drawing that happens when you press cycle start, not when you go to the graph screen.

I then kept Task Manager open while waiting for CNC12 to draw. There was no evidence of limiting disk speed. One CPU was partly maxed out as would be expected, but otherwise everything stayed stable. I can infer from this that CNC12 draws the gcode from memory, not from disc.

Here is a video of the file loading showing performance https://youtu.be/NYQDen6DvPo

This is a picture of the PC specs.
20220312_100758[1].jpg
So, is something wrong here or is this as good as it gets? Why does mill demo draw the file so fast compared to my CNC 12 install?
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

we found a way to make the RTG graph speed match the regular graph speed and eliminate the double RTG graphing. This improvement will be in the next no cost beta release of CNC12.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

cnckeith wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:06 pm we found a way to make the RTG graph speed match the regular graph speed and eliminate the double RTG graphing. This improvement will be in the next no cost beta release of CNC12.
Woo hoo, awesome, thanks... Looking forward to it. Let me know if you want me to test it...
Arrow
Oak CNC controller: No

Post by Arrow »

I think this customer has an OAK system - so he should not update to ACORN 4.64 - latest version for OAK is 4.20 correct?
Dont want him to have more problems because of wrong software
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Arrow wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:12 pm I think this customer has an OAK system - so he should not update to ACORN 4.64 - latest version for OAK is 4.20 correct?
yep, Acorn software (v.464) is for Acorn and Oak software (v4.20) is for Oak. Both the next betas for both Oak and Acorn will have this Graphics improvement! thanks.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

cnckeith wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:36 pm
Arrow wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:12 pm I think this customer has an OAK system - so he should not update to ACORN 4.64 - latest version for OAK is 4.20 correct?
yep, Acorn software (v.464) is for Acorn and Oak software (v4.20) is for Oak. Both the next betas for both Oak and Acorn will have this Graphics improvement! thanks.
Any news on when there might be a new release ready :D